Wednesday, October 18

Review: Inferno (Blood for Blood #2)

Inferno (Blood for Blood #2)
Catherine Doyle

Published By: Chicken House
Publication Date: January 7, 2016
Date Read: August 26, 2017
Genre: YA - Romantic Thriller
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 416
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25022128-inferno

From Goodreads:
Romeo and Juliet meets The Godfather in the second installment of Catherine Doyle's Blood for Blood series.

Sophie's life has been turned upside-down, and she's determined to set things right. But Nic, the Falcone brother who represents everything she's trying to forget, won't give up on their love - and it's Luca's knife she clutches for comfort. Soon another mafia clan spoils the fragile peace - and with her heart drawn in one direction and her blood in another, Sophie's in deeper than ever.

"There is light and shade in all of us, pain and hardship, and some of us rise from it while others are darkened by it."

After devouring Vendetta, I was so glad that I had book 2 waiting for me already because I absolutely needed to know what was going to happen. I loved Vendetta and I couldn't wait to see what was happening with Sophie, Nicoli and Luca. I already has such high expectations and Inferno surpassed them all. I couldn't put this book down. Every second of it was phenomenal.

Sophie's life was turned upside down when the Falcone boys walked into her life. Now, suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) Sophie is determined to keep her distance from them. But a part of her just can't help herself. As she gets dragged in to the mafia fights even deeper than she already was, Sophie's life is in danger... but so is her heart.

Inferno was far more superior to Vendetta. Vendetta had set the foundations for this story to be even more dangerous and explosive than it already was. The more I read, the more I fell in love with the story. I just couldn't believe what was happening and when the big twist hit I was sat with my jaw on the floor. I never ever saw it coming and I couldn't believe it. Catherine is such a fantastic author and she spins her tale expertly in this installment of the amazing Blood for Blood series.

In Vendetta, I already liked Luca but I also really liked Nicoli... I never expected to start disliking Nicoli but I did. The things he did in this book made me start to hate him slightly. He's still a great guy but he's caught up so much in the mafia family business and that will always come first for him. The more I read, the more I fell head over heels in love with Luca. He is so amazing and he values life and peace and Sophie above all else. I just love him.

Inferno was faster paced, full of action, intrigue, mystery and danger and I couldn't stop reading. I devoured this book in pretty much one day and I just loved every single second of it. It was even better than Vendetta and I'm now left reeling needed book 3 like right now. If you haven't read this series, it's a definite must. You won't be disappointed.

"You're a bright spark, Sophie. I don't want anyone to snuff you out."



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment