Friday, August 25

Early Review: If There's No Tomorrow

If There's No Tomorrow
Jennifer L Armentrout

Published By: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: September 5, 2017
Date Read: August 16, 2017
Genre: YA - Contemporary
Source: ARC from JLA
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34225450-if-there-s-no-tomorrow

From Goodreads:

Lena Wise is always looking forward to tomorrow, especially at the start of her senior year. She's ready to pack in as much friend time as possible, to finish college applications and to maybe let her childhood best friend Sebastian know how she really feels about him. For Lena, the upcoming year is going to be epic—one of opportunities and chances.

Until one choice, one moment, destroys everything.

Now Lena isn't looking forward to tomorrow. Not when friend time may never be the same. Not when college applications feel all but impossible. Not when Sebastian might never forgive her for what happened.

For what she let happen.

With the guilt growing each day, Lena knows that her only hope is to move on. But how can she move on when her and her friends' entire existences have been redefined? How can she move on when tomorrow isn't even guaranteed?

"What would I have done differently that night if I'd known there was no tomorrow? EVERYTHING. I would've done everything differently."

It's no surprise to anyone who knows me that Jennifer L Armentrout is my favourite author of all time. Everything she writes I will read (apart from when she writes about clowns but let's not talk about that) and there are no words to describe just how excited I was for If There's No Tomorrow. I knew that I would just absolutely love this book and I was right. This book is without a doubt the best contemporary that she has wrote.

Lena made a huge mistake. One that changed the lives of everyone she knows and now she is wracked with guilt. How can she move on when she is carrying around this guilt and responsibility that she feels? How can she when if all of her friends found out what she had done they would never forgive her?

If There's No Tomorrow is just utter perfection. I loved every single moment of it and with most JLA books as soon as I started this book I couldn't put it down. I loved every moment of it and I couldn't read fast enough for the need to know what was going to happen to these amazing characters. Jennifer once again gave us incredible characters that we could fall in love with and experience this amazing journey with them. I absolutley loved Lena, and I really sympathised with her throughout the whole book. I really felt for her and just wanted to reach into the book and give her a massive hug. Sebastian is such a typically amazing JLA book boyfriend. He is sweet and perfect and everyone who reads this book will fall head over heels in love with him.

If There's No Tomorrow has a much more sombre feel to it, due to the nature of this story but that made me love the book so much more. Often in contemporary books I feel like it's the same typical story and you know exactly what is going to happen but with this one I did not feel like that whatsoever. It's not just another romance book. It has a storyline that runs so much deeper than that and it will utterly break your heart in the most perfect way.

If There's No Tomorrow is without a doubt the best JLA contemporary book, in my opinion. My favourite will still remain to be her paranormal books. If There's No Tomorrow really makes you think about the most important things in life and how one action really can influence so much, no matter how little and insignificant you think that action is. It will break your heart and make you sob but you will love every single second of it. It is utter perfection.

"We were reading. Together. And there was something so nerdily perfect about what we were doing that I might've fallen in love all over again."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment