Wednesday, March 15

Review: Secret (Elementals #4)

Secret (Elementals #4)
Brigid Kemmerer

Published By: K Teen
Publication Date: January 28, 2014
Date Read: January 28, 2017
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 328
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
EARTH. FIRE. AIR. WATER.

Nick Merrick is stretched to breaking point. He's trying to keep his grades sky-high or he won't get in to college. He's trying to keep his brother's business afloat or the Merricks will be out on the street. He's trying to keep the secret of where he's going in the evenings from his twin brother Gabriel - or he fears he'll lose his family. And he's trying to keep his mind off the hot, self-assured dancer who is his 'girlfriend's' partner.

And then Quinn takes to hanging around his sworn enemy, and an Elemental Guide is counting the hours until he can try again to kill the Merrick brothers. Storms are brewing. On all sides.

SECRETS IN THE WIND. DANGER IN THE AIR.

There are no words to decribe just how excited I was to finally start reading this book. I am absolutely in love with this whole series but I was especially in love with Breathless, Nick's novella. Nick is without a doubt my favourite Merrick brother and after the revelation at the end of his novella I couldn't wait for his story.

First of all, let's just mention how disappointed I am with this cover. I adore the covers of this series but I loved that all of the boys were on them and when I saw this one I was a bit sad that we didn't have the other guys in the background. As much as I didn't like the cover very much, this was without a doubt my favourite of the Elementals books so far. Nick's story was so beautiful and touching.

Nick is just a character that you can't help but love. He has accepted who he is but daren't tell his brothers as he doesn't think they will understand and accept and love him because of it. I couldn't read this book fast enough. Seriously. I was turning the pages so damn fast as I just wanted everything to be okay. I loved Nick's development through this book. You saw his weaknesses and his worries about his brothers reactions and I was so emotionally invested in his journey and I loved every second of it.

Secret is just as much Quinn's book as Nick's and I genuinelly started falling for someone I never thought I would. Everytime we changed perspective (Nick or Quinn) I ended up just wanting the other one back as well because I needed to know what was happening next with both characters. Enter Tyler, Tyler is one of the bullies from the very first book and he is kind of an asshole. I never thought that I could ever like him but the more time he spent with Quinn, the more I saw a different, softer side to him and I genuinelly started to love him. You really start to see things from his point of view and see why he acts like he does. That doesn't excuse his behaviour but you understand it a bit more. I mean he is still a hot-headed asshole but I fell for him so much in this book.

While the previous book was all about the Guides, Secret is all about the romance and I loved that. I am such a sucker for a good romance with a paranormal/fantasy backdrop and that is what this book was. It was just utterly perfect. Secret was without a doubt the most emotional book of the series so far. I loved every single second of it and it is the first Elementals book that genuinely made me cry. Not in a bad heartbreaking way but in a heartwarming, family-relationship that is just so beautiful and amazing kind of way. I loved every single second of it. It was just perfect.

I am so excited to start the next book but at the same time I'm terrified as it's the final book. I can't wait to see how it all ends but I just never want this series to end, it is so incredible. I've loved binge reading these books and I cannot recommend them enough. They really are incredible and one of the best series I've ever read. Roll on Sacrifice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment