Wednesday, January 4

Review: Thirteen Weddings

Thirteen Weddings
Paige Toon

Published by: Simon and Schuster
Publication Date: May 8, 2014
Date Read: November 26, 2016
Genre: Adult - Chick Lit
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 448
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Last year, Bronte left Sydney for a wedding in England, where she met newly single Alex. After a night of passion they parted ways, and Bronte returned to Australia. Now working on a picture desk for a magazine in London, Bronte is about to meet her new colleague, who turns out to be all too familiar. Although awkward at first, as Alex is now engaged to the girl he was on a break from when they met, they soon become friends. But as the two get closer, and the wedding day looms, it is clear that Alex and Bronte have unfinished business…

Thirteen Weddings has sat on my shelf for what feels like forever. Paige Toon is one of my all time favourite authors and it is thanks to her that I am the avid reader that I am today. I recently bought the 8 book bundle of Zoella's Book Club which included Paige's more recent book The One We Fell in Love With. As much as I was dying to dive into that one I wouldn't allow myself to. The thing I adore about Paige's books is that they all interconnect so the later books always include characters from the previous books so I like to read their stories first. That led me to finally picking up Thirteen Weddings and I am so so glad that I did. I loved every moment of this book, as per usual for a Paige Toon book.

A year and a half ago Bronte flew to England for her friends wedding and while on her hen night met the gorgeous and newly single Alex. After a night of passion she flew back to Sydney and they expected never to see each other again. Now she has moved to England to work for a magazine in London and what Bronte doesn't expect is to bump into Alex again. Alex never expected to see Bronte again, and now he is engaged to the girl he was on a break from that night. Can they both go their seperate ways or are their lives destined to entwine once again?

I loved this book. Right from the start I was convinced that I would know how this book would end. You know how it goes with a romance book. You think you have it all sussed out. Thirteen Weddings did not end how I thought it would and I couldn't be more pleased about it. I loved every single moment of it and I loved all of the characters.

Bronte is an awesome character and although I don't agree with some of her choices I understand why she did what she did. She was in an awful situation and her reactions were realistic. Nobody is perfect and I absolutely love how real Paige makes her characters. Yes they make mistakes but so does every other person in the world.

The boys.... Well I loved Alex to start and then the more I read the book the more I kinda went off him. I like him okay but he just messed with Bronte's emotions so much in this book that I just wanted him to decide. Was he staying with his fiance or was he going to leave her for Bronte? I just wanted him to decide and stop stringing her along. Lachie on the other hand I fell head over heels in love with. A gorgeous, cheeky Australian wedding singer he was sweet and adorable and the more I read the more I fell in love with him.

Thirteen Weddings was a fantastic chick lit novel and I can't praise it enough. Paige once again turned me into a total fangirl with all of the mentions of the other characters from her previous novels. Every time some of them were mentioned I totally squealed and it just made me want to re-read all of the previous books. I just love all of her books so much.

Thirteen Weddings was full of romance, friendship and the importance of family and I loved every second. If you haven't read Paige's stuff yet I highly recommend that you do as every single one of them is perfection in the form of a paperback.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment