Wednesday, January 11

Review: The Sun in Her Eyes

The Sun in her Eyes
Paige Toon

Published By: Simon and Schuster UK
Publication Date: May 21, 2015
Date Read: November 30, 2016
Genre: Adult - Chick Lit
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 420
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Blinding sunshine… A bend in the road… What became of the little girl with the sun in her eyes?

Amber was three when a car crash stole her mother's life. She doesn't remember the accident, but a stranger at the scene has been unable to forget. Now, almost thirty years later, she's trying to track Amber down.

Amber, meanwhile, is married to Ned and living on the other side of the world in London. When her father has a stroke, she flies straight home to Australia to be with him. Away from her husband, Amber finds comfort in her oldest friends, but her feelings for Ethan, the gorgeous, green-eyed man she once fell for, have never been platonic.

Paige Toon is without a doubt one of my favourite authors. Right from the moment I read her phenomenal debut, Lucy in the Sky, I fell head over heels in love with her books. I couldn't wait to dive into The Sun in her Eyes when it was released but as many amazing books do, it ended up sat on my shelf for forever before I read it. The Sun in her Eyes was a little different from Paige's other books but it was still a beautiful amazing read.

Amber has her own life in London. Married to Ned, she is happy-ish. Her and Ned are fighting a lot and all she wants is to work things out. But when she has to jet back home to sunny Australia Amber's life turns upside down. Looking after her father and hanging out with the guy she fell in love with when she was younger Amber's life with Ned feels a million miles away.

Amber was a good character to read about. Not my favourite Paige Toon character, actually in terms of the other main characters Amber is probably my least favourite because of the questionable actions she does throughout this book which although understandable I did not agree with at all. She was still a great character to read about and you really sympathise with her situation but I feel like she could have made some much better choices throughout the book.

The Sun in her Eyes was a fantastic and heartwarming story, as all of Paige's novels are but honestly I was a little bit let down with this one. It didn't have that gorgeous, amazing Paige Toon feel that her other books have had. I am always so excited to read a Paige Toon book and as I was reading I just felt like this wasn't her usual amazing writing and storyline as her other were. This by no means this book isn't good becase it was so amazing and I throughly enjoyed this book. I just didn't love it quite as much as the others.

The Sun in her Eyes is the perfect summer read. It's a gorgeous, adventurous and heart-melting storyline and I love that all her old characters popped up in it somewhere. I can't wait to read her next novel. I adore Paige Toon and I highly recommend her books. If you want a good romance this is definitely the book for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment