Monday, December 26

Top 10 of 2016: Day 1 - Best Books I've Read in 2016


Hi Guys,
I'm so excited to be participating in the Top 10 of the year week hosted by Two Chicks on Books. I love participating in this each year even though it takes me forever to sort out my lists.

It's Day 1 which means it's time to list my Top 10 books of the year. This was so hard to do in previous years so this year I decided only books that were in my Top 3 of the month in my monthly wrap up posts could be included. This made it easier but still super hard to narrow down.

10. The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow #1) by Rachel Morgan

After seeing this book on instagram a whole lot at the beginning of this year, I finally decided to read it and I have to say I am so glad I did. I adored this book. It's full of everything that I want in a YA series. It's got fae, intrigue, danger and a dash of romance. I loved it so much.

K-Books Rating: 5 Stars (Click Here to see Review)




 9. The Royals Series by Erin Watt

Now coming from someone who doesn't really like a whole lot of NA series it's very rare and special for this book to be included on my favourite books of the year. I picked up this book after it being a group read in my online book club and I absolutely loved it and devoured it in one day. Follwing that I devoured book 2 straight away and book 3 as soon as it was released. I loved the entire series and I can't recommend it enough.

K-Books Ratings:
Paper Princess - 4 Stars (Click Here to see Review)
Broken Prince - 5 Stars (Click Here to see Review)
Twisted Palace - 5 Stars (Click Here to see Review)

 8. Flawed (Flawed #1) by Cecelia Ahern

This was one of the books that I was most excited for this year. I am a huge fan of Cecelia's already and have read almost all of her adult novels so for her to be publishing a YA book was super exciting for me. I really enjoyed this book. It was a great and addicting dystopia novel and I cannot wait for the next book.

K-Books Rating: 5 Stars (Click Here to see Review)




 7. The Power (Titan Series #2) by Jennifer L Armentrout

Come on you didn't really think there's be a Top 10 Books of the year post without a JLA book did you? The Power was the one I had to pick for Jen's best book of the year. I've always loved Jen's paranormal books more than her contemp ones and this one was no different. I loved everything about this book and I cannot wait for The Struggle next year.

K-Books Rating: 5 Stars (Click Here to see Review)



 6. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

Everything Everything was a book that I have had on my shelf for forever but had never picked up. It was after it was features on Zoella's Book Club with WHSmith that I finally picked it up and I loved every moment of it. It's such a moving and beautiful book that I urge everyone to read.

K-Books Rating: 5 Stars (Click Here to see Review)




 5. The Next Together Series by Lauren James

I couldn't possibly only include one book in this series because this one blew me away. Both this and it's sequel The Last Beginning. They are both so expertly intertwined and I haven't read any book like it before in my life. I loved every single second of it.

K-Books Rating:
The Next Together - 5 Stars (Click Here to see Review)
Another Together - 4 Stars (Click Here to see Review)
The Last Beginning - 5 Stars (Click Here to see Review)


 4. Vicious (Vicious #1) by VE Schwab

After finding out VE Schwab was going to be at this years YALC I finally decided to read her stuff and this was the first one I read which made me fall in love with her books. This is a book that is 100% different to other books that I would choose to read but it blew me away and I loved every single second of it. I am now in the process of working my way through all of her books.

K-Books Rating: 5 Stars (Click Here to see Review)



 3. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J Maas

Sarah J Maas is without a doubt one of my all time fave authors I will read absolutely anything that she writes. ACoMaF was without a doubt the best of hers I read this year. I love this series even more than the Throne of Glass series. It's perfection and I loved every second of it. I cannot wait to read book 3 next year.

K-Books Rating: 5 Stars (Click Here to see Review)


 2. The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson (Jessie Jefferson #1) by Paige Toon

Paige Toon has been one of my fave authors ever since I read her debut adult novel, Lucy in the Sky, years ago. I have had this book on my shelf for forever and after reading all of Paige's adult novels this year I finally picked this one up and I adored it so much. I am currently binge reading the series and am so devastated that I'm on the final book. I love her stuff so much. 

K-Books Rating: 5 Stars (Review will be published in January)


 1. Frostblood (Frostblood #1) by Elly Blake

I honestly don't know if this is cheating or not. I read Frostblood this year but it isn't actually published until 2017.

I am such an enormous fan of YA Fantasy books and this one just totally blew me away. It's unique and amazing with such a stunning work backdrop and phenomenal characters. I actually cannot wait for this to be published so you can all read this phenomenal book.

K-Books Rating: 5 Stars (Click Here to see Review)





What were your favourite books of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment