Wednesday, December 14

Review: Everything Everything

Everything Everything
Nicola Yoon

Published By: Corgi Publishing
Publication Date: September 1, 2015
Date Read: November 20, 2016
Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 306
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30703731-everything-everything

From Goodreads:
Madeline Whittier is allergic to the outside world. So allergic, in fact, that she has never left the house in all of her seventeen years. But when Olly moves in next door, and wants to talk to Maddie, tiny holes start to appear in the protective bubble her mother has built around her. Olly writes his IM address on a piece of paper, shows it at her window, and suddenly, a door opens. But does Maddie dare to step outside her comfort zone?

Everything, Everything is about the thrill and heartbreak that happens when we break out of our shell to do crazy, sometimes death-defying things for love.

"It's a hard concept to hold on to--the idea that there was a time before us. A time before time. 
In the beginning there was nothing. And then there was everything."

Everything Everything was a book I had seen all over the place and everyone seemed to love it. It sat on my shelf for so long before I read it and then after seeing it as part of the Zoella Book Club I knew I had to read it. I am now kicking myself for waiting so long before reading it. Everything Everything is a beautiful and moving book and I could just read it again and again and still be moved by it every time.

Maddie has an awful disorder. With a disease that attacks her immune system she is literally allergic to the world. She has never set foot outside of her house and her life is learning and reading novels. Enter Olly, the beautiful boy who moves in next door. After writing his IM address on his window he and Maddie start a friendship with the longing of more. But can Maddie overcome her disease to experience the things that she wants and can Olly ever understand her?

Everything Everything is one of those rare books that doesn't come along very often but when it does it moves you so much that you cannot possibly stop reading. It's so beautiful and moving. I am still, weeks later left reeling from this book. Nicola Yoon is such a fantastc author. Her writing style is so beautiful and she really grabs your attention and brings you into this fantastic world of Maddie and I couldn't read this book fast enough. I read the whole thing in one day. I could not put it down and couldn't wait to see how things were going to happen.

Maddie was such a refreshing character to read about. She is 18 and has never experienced having a friend other than her nurse. Usually in YA/NA books you have characters who are very knowledgable about situations and act accordingly. With Maddie having only learnt things from the books she reads, it's quite refreshing to having her learn everything she is without the complete naivity of a younger character.

Olly is one of the most amazing characters I have ever read. He is so sweet and adorable and he understand Maddie's illness and it doesn't put him off which is pretty adorable and unusual for a typical 17/18 year old. The more I read the more I loved him. He is just adorable and I loved him.

Everything Everything is a moving, beautiful and heartwarming book. I loved every second of it and I cannot wait to read anything else by Nicola Yoon. She has shot herself straight up there as an autobuy author as her debut was absolutely stunning. I loved every moment of it and I cannot praise this book enough. If you haven't already go read it now.

"Just because you can’t experience everything doesn’t mean you shouldn’t experience anything."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment