Wednesday, December 21

Review: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares (Dash and Lily #1)

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares (Dash and Lily #1)
Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Published By: Mira INK
Publication Date: September 5, 2014
Date Read: December 11, 2016
Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 352
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22590773-dash-and-lily-s-book-of-dares

From Goodreads:
I’ve left some clues for you. If you want them, turn the page. If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.
At the urge of her lucky-in-love brother, sixteen-year-old Lily has left a red notebook full of dares on her favourite bookshop shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept. Curious, snarky Dash isn’t one to back down from a challenge – and the Book of Dares is the perfect distraction he’s been looking for.

As they send each other on a scavenger hunt across Manhattan, they’re falling for each other on paper. But finding out if their real selves share their on-page chemistry could be their biggest dare yet….

"I've always resented Hermione, because I wanted to be her so badly and she never seemed to appreciate as much as I thought she should that she got be her. She got to live at Hogwarts and be friends with Harry and kiss Ron, which was supposed to happen to me."

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares was a book that has been on my radar for a while. I had heard of it and thought it sounded like a good book but never picked it up. It wasn't until it's sequel The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily came out as part of the second round of Zoella's Book Club that I finally decided to read it and I am so glad I did. This is one of the cutest books I have ever read.

Lily is a quiet bookworm who has never stepped a toe out of line. She is very shy and when she finds herself alone at her favourite time of year, Christmas, her brother convinces her to fill a red notebook full of dares and place it in her favourite bookshop. Dash isn't one to turn down a dare and when he finds the red notebook he has no choice but to accept. Dash and Lily send each other on scavenger hunts all around NYC and sparks fly from the pages of the notebook. But will those sparks still be there in person?

This book is seriously one of the most adorable love stories I have ever read. It is cute and seriously heart melting. I loved every moment of it. I am so glad that I picked it up in December as it is the perfect book to read at Christmas time. It's set at Christmas and it's such a cute and fun read to get you into the Christmas spirit. Dash and Lily are such different characters but together they are adorable. Lily is the sweet to Dash's spice and it works so so well.

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares was cute, romantic and such a heart warming read. I cannot recommend it enough. It's such a great romance that I would recommend to anyone, but definitely read it at Christmas time because it's just perfect for getting you into that adorably amazing festive spirit. I loved it and can't wait to read the sequel.

"The important people in our lives leave imprints. They may stay or go in the physical realm, but they are always there in your heart, because they helped form your heart. There's no getting over that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment