Saturday, December 31

K-Books Top 5 Breakthrough Authors

Hey Guys,
So I always like to do this little post each year. It's the Top 5 new-to-me authors that I have read for the first time this year and who really blew me away.

5. Rachel Morgan, author of the Creepy Hollow Series

This year I devoured the first three books from the Creepy Hollow series and I absolutely adored them. They were utterly fantastic and I cannot wait to read the rest of this series. Rachel is definitely an author I will be looking out for in the future.

Visit her Website HERE
Find her on TWITTER



4. Alwyn Hamilton, author of the Rebel of the Sands Series

This year I read Alwyn's debut, Rebel of the Sands, and I fell head over heels in love with her writing, characters and story-telling. I was also thrilled to meet her at this years YALC. I loved her book so much and I am so so excited for the sequel coming out next year. She is definitely an auto-buy author for me now.



3. Lauren James, author of The Next Together Series

This year I met the wonderful Lauren James at YALC and after meeting her went ahead and read her The Next Together Series and it totally blew me away. Lauren has to be one of the most intelligent authors I have read as her series is so cleverly done and thought out. It's really unique and different to anything I have read before.



2. VE Schwab, author of Vicious, Darkest Shade of Magic Series and Monsters of Verity Series

Another author I was so happy to have met at this years YALC. I read VE Schwab for the first time this year and I cannot believe what I was missing out on. Her books are abosolutely amazing. I loved Vicious and This Savage Song and I cannot wait to read the rest of her stuff. On my 2017 to-read list is the rest of her books. She is a definite auto-buy author.


1. Elly Blake, author of Frostblood Series

Frostblood isn't out until January 2017 but I was lucky enough to read an ARC of the book and I loved every single moment of it. She is such a fantastic author and her book just utterly blew me away. I can't wait for the rest of her Frostblood series and whatever may come after. I will definitely be reading anything and everything she may write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment