Wednesday, December 7

Early Review: Frostblood (Frostblood #1)

Frostblood (Frostblood #1)
Elly Blake

Published By: Hodder and Stroughton
Publication Date: January 12, 2017
Date Read: November 19, 2016
Genre: YA - Fantasy
Source: Borrowed from Donna @ BookPassionforLife
Format: Paperback
Pages: 304
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png


From Goodreads:
The first in a page-turning young adult fantasy series perfect for fans of Victoria Aveyard's Red Queen and Sarah J. Maas's Throne of Glass series.

In a land governed by the cruel Frostblood ruling class, seventeen-year-old Ruby is a Fireblood who has spent most of her life hiding her ability to manipulate heat and light - until the day the soldiers come to raid her village and kill her mother. Ruby vows revenge on the tyrannous Frost King responsible for the massacre of her people.

But Ruby's powers are unpredictable...and so are the feelings she has for Arcus, the scarred, mysterious Frostblood warrior who shares her goal to kill the Frost King, albeit for his own reasons. When Ruby is captured by the Frost King's men, she's taken right into the heart of the enemy. Now she only has one chance to destroy the maniacal ruler who took everything from her - and in doing so, she must unleash the powers she's spent her whole life withholding.

Frostblood is set in world where flame and ice are mortal enemies - but together create a power that could change everything.

Frostblood was a book I heard of months ago when I was at YALC and with it being dubbed as a YA fantasy perfect for fans of the Throne of Glass series I knew that it was something that I would absolutely love. I am such a huge fan of epic fantasy series and this one sounded so unique and amazing I just couldn't wait to get my hands on it. My good blogger friend Donna from Book Passion for Life was wonderful enough to send me her ARC of it when she had finished reading it and I am so thankful for her because oh my god this book phenonenal. I couldn't put it down.

Ruby has always had to live in fear. As a forbidden fireblood, in a country ruled by frostbloods she has to hide her power or be killed. But when Ruby is discovered and the evil frostblood soldiers kill her mother Ruby vows to develop her powers in order to kill the Frost King. When some mysterious frostblood warriors seeming to want the same thing as Ruby offer to help her train and develop her powers Ruby starts training. But is she getting in too deep? And can she truly trust the frostblood warriors?

Frostblood was seriously one of the best books I have read so far this year. I loved every single moment of it and I cannot put my feelings and emotions towards this book into words. I couldn't put it down. I loved this unique story of different powers that used to work together now be enemies. In true epic fantasy fashion this book is filled to the brim with magic, intrigue and politics and I loved every second.

Ruby was such an amazing character. Even though she made some decisions that I felt were silly I loved seeing her grow and develop throughout this book. She was such an amazing character to experience this story through her eyes. She is fantastic and she grew so much, as she developed her magic she developed as a character too and I loved seeing that.

Arcus... I adore Arcus. He is mysterious and forth coming and although he seemed like a dick at the start, by the end I loved him. I looked forward to every scene he was in and when he wasn't in it I couldn't wait to see him again. He is a fantastic character and I loved reading about him. All the way through the book I was totally rooting for Arcus and Ruby to get together, even though frostbloods and firebloods hate each other.

Frostblood was an epic, amazing start to what I know it going to be a fantastic, if not a heart-breaking series. I loved every thing about it, the history of this world, the characters, the magic... everything. I loved it all and I cannot wait to get my hands on book 2. The ending left me reeling and needing more.

If there is one epic fantasy series that you pick up next year make sure it is this fantastic novel. You will fall head over heels in love and be unable to read fast enough. I loved every second.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment