Wednesday, November 2

Review: The Next Together (The Next Together #1)

The Next Together (The Next Together #1)
Lauren James

Published By: Walker Publishing
Publication Date: September 3, 2015
Date Read: August 14, 2015
Genre: YA - Sci-Fi
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages:  356
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
How many times can you lose the person you love?

Katherine and Matthew are destined to be born again and again, century after century. Each time, their presence changes history for the better, and each time, they fall hopelessly in love, only to be tragically separated.

Spanning the Crimean War, the Siege of Carlisle and the near-future of 2019 and 2039 they find themselves sacrificing their lives to save the world. But why do they keep coming back? What else must they achieve before they can be left to live and love in peace?

Maybe the next together will be different...

A powerful and epic debut novel for teenagers about time-travel, fate and the timelessness of first love. The Next Together is told through a mixture of regular prose, diary entries, letters, "original" historical documents, news reports and internet articles.

The Next Together was a book I'd seen around a lot but never really looked into until I saw that the author, Lauren James, was going to be at YALC this year. After looking it up I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. A YA romance that includes time travel... erm YES PLEASE!!! That sounded like a book I would love. I was not wrong... I freaking adored this book. Right from the very start I was intrigued and curious and I just devoured this book in one sitting. I adored every moment of it.

Katherine and Matthew are destined to be together... literally. They have been reincarnated over and over again and each time they meet, fall in love only to be seperated by some sort of tragedy and then it repeats all over again. The Next Together shows the story of their love, jumping through different lives in different time periods. But why do they keep getting reincarnated? And could there be one time where they can just be happy together?

There are seriously no words to describe how much I freaking adored this book. Every moment of it was phenomenal. I loved that there are different time periods in this book. It's like a historical book and a modern book all rolled into one and that is so unique and different from anything I've ever read before. I loved how unique it was and I couldn't read this book fast enough.

Lauren James is such a talented author. I absolutely adored every single second of her writing. Right from page one she grabbed my attention and she did not let it go until I had read the entire book. She very cleverly told this story through different mediums such as prose text, letters, emails and articles to name but a few. It made me so enamoured in these characters lives and she kept me completely hooked from start to finish.

I loved the fact that we saw these characters fall in love over and over again. I loved seeing their different lives and it kept me wondering whether there was a reason why they kept getting reincarnated over and over. This book kept me so curious and needing to know more by there being lines like 'intervention required' and 'rebooting'. This made me think that someone else was in control of their lives and that there was a purpose. It made me devour this book in one day.

The Next Together was a intriguing, moving and emotional book. In every time zone I fell in love with these characters and with the ones in the past you clearly knew something had to have happened because at the same time you're reading their reincarnated selves but yet I still felt like my heart was being ripped out everytime something bad happened to them. If you're looking for an amazing YA romance with a hint of time travel this book is for you. It's one of the best books I've ever read and I can't wait to read the sequel.

"I want to spend this life and the next together."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment