Saturday, November 19

Early Review: Balance (Balance Series #1)

Balance (Balance Series #1)
Janelle Stalder

Publication Date: November 2016
Date Read: November 12, 2016
Genre: YA - Fantasy
Source: BETA Copy from Janelle
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30815112-balance

From Goodreads:
A love written in the stars, or born in the depths of darkness?
Where fate has brought them together, so will it tear them apart.
This is not a story of chance, but one that was destined to come to pass, and with it the fall of the darkest shadow to roam the earth.
Vivian French will soon realize that monsters are not just characters from story books, but creatures who can tear your soul apart and leave nothing in its place.
This is not a love story. This is a tale, of a fallen angel and The One who will bring about a change in the Balance.

As soon as I heard of Balance, I absolutely could not wait to get my hands on it and read it. I am such a ginormous fan of Janelle Stalder and I am so so honoured to be one of her BETA readers. I am not usually a fan of fallen angel stories but I just knew that this would be amazing because Janelle wrote it. I was not wrong. I loved every moment of it and I just couldn't read this quick enough.

Vivian has the chance of a lifetime. To be an intern for the best defence lawyers in the city before she heads of to college to study Law. Besides there's also the Banks sons there. Lawyer extraudinaires and super hot boys that is nice eye candy for any girl. But what Viv doesn't know is that the Banks family are keeping a big secret and when she develops feelings for the mysteriously hot but broody silent Caleb her life is going to change forever.

I was absolutely hooked to this story from the very very start. I was just drawn into this amazing story and I really connected with Viv right from the start. She is a great main character and I loved that we saw her develop and change as a character the further we got through this book. I absolutely loved her and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.

Caleb... oh my word he is officially my favourite book boy ever right now. I went from being curious but kind of angry at him for his brusque behaviour but the more I read the more I fell in love with him. My favourite parts of this book were without a doubt the parts told from Caleb's point of view. He is amazing and I just loved him more and more the more I read.

Balance is such a phenomenal book. I loved every moment of it and I can't even describe the emotional journey Janelle sent me on throughout this book. It made me laugh and swoon, cry and mourn. This book completely broke my heart into a million pieces and I cannot wait to get my hands on book 2 to find out what will happen next.

This book was a phenomenal start to what I know is going to be an amazing series. It is filled to the brim with mystery, danger and intrigue with just the right amount of heartstopping and breathtaking romance. It made me fall in love head over heels and then slowly destroyed my heart. If there's one new series you start this year make sure it's this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment