Wednesday, August 3

Review: No Kissing Allowed (No Kissing Allowed #1)

No Kissing Allowed (No Kissing Allowed #1)
Melissa West

Published By: Entangled Embrace
Publication Date: July 28, 2015
Date Read: May 25, 2015

Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance
Source: BETA Copy from Melissa West
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
No kissing. No touching. And definitely no falling in love...

Armed with her besties, an embarrassing number of shots, and her list of 10 Wild Things To Do Before Adulthood, recent grad Cameron Lawson is partying it up before she starts her dream job at New York's biggest ad agency. Her last task? Hook up with a random guy. And while it's so not her style, the super-sexy guy sitting next to her is definitely game. No names. No details.

At least, that was the plan.

On her first day of work, Cameron discovers her hook-up is none other than Aidan Truitt—her new boss's boss. Talk about failing the “no fraternizing with coworkers” policy on an epic level. Especially when Aidan makes it clear their one night was only the beginning. Falling for him could cost her everything, but sometimes the only way to get what you want is by breaking a few rules...

No Kissing Allowed was a book I first read such a long time ago and I adored it but for some reason just never wrote a review of it. After finishing the second book in the series, No Falling Allowed, I decided to re-read this book and finally write a review. I loved No Kissing Allowed the second time just as much as I did the first time I read it. It's such a phenomenal love story.

Cameron had one wild night before entering adulthood and starting her new job. What she didn't expect was the super hot guy from the night before would be her new boss' boss. Cameron is determined to forget about that night and focus on her job but when Aiden makes it clear that he isn't happy with just the one night Cameron is torn... between the start of her career and the super hot guy that she can't resist. Between following her heart at the risk that it could be broken in two.

Melissa West is without a doubt one of my favourite authors. Everything she writes I just devour and love and when she asked me to BETA read this for her a few years ago I was so excited. I devoured it in one sitting and I absolutely loved every moment of it. I couldn't put it down as I just had to know what was going to happen.

Cameron is one of the most relatable characters I have read in a NA novel. It made it so easy to be sucked into this book and keep reading until it was finished. If you know me you'll know that I'm not a major fan of NA contemporary books. I like them ok but after reading one or two I get a little bored as I feel like so many of them have the same storyline and I sometimes feel like I'm reading something I've already read before. Melissa's books absolutely do not apply to this. I have read so many of them and she is one of the only authors who makes me love NA. This one was no different. With Cameron's reservedness and Aiden's teasing and sexiness it was such an easy read. I loved every moment of it... both the first time and the re-read. And I very very rarely re-read NA contemporary novels.

No Kissing Allowed is an amazing book with amazing characters and an amazing story. I can't recommend this series more. I loved every moment of it and I can't wait for more books from Melissa. She is without a doubt one of the best authors out there and I will just read everything she writes regardless of what age range it is aimed at or what genre. If you're looking for a new NA to sink your teeth into this one is a must-read.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment