Wednesday, August 31

Review: Broken Prince (The Royals #2)

Broken Prince (The Royals #2)
Erin Watt

Publication Date: July 25, 2016
Date Read: July 25, 2016
Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
These Royals will ruin you…

From wharf fights and school brawls to crumbling lives inside glittery mansions, one guy tries to save himself.

Reed Royal has it all—looks, status, money. The girls at his elite prep school line up to date him, the guys want to be him, but Reed never gave a damn about anyone but his family until Ella Harper walked into his life.

What started off as burning resentment and the need to make his father’s new ward suffer turned into something else entirely—keep Ella close. Keep Ella safe. But when one foolish mistake drives her out of Reed’s arms and brings chaos to the Royal household, Reed’s entire world begins to fall apart around him.

Ella doesn’t want him anymore. She says they’ll only destroy each other.

She might be right.

Secrets. Betrayal. Enemies. It’s like nothing Reed has ever dealt with before, and if he’s going to win back his princess, he’ll need to prove himself Royally worthy.

I fight back, remember? And I fight dirty. So go ahead, come at me. Let's see what happens."

Broken Prince was one of those books that you automatically have to download as soon as it's available. I luckily had just finished book 1 in this series, Paper Princess, the day this released so I was able to continue with the series straight away. Paper Princess was one of my favourite reads and I was so beyond excited about book 2... and it did not disappoint. I would even say that this one was even better than book 1.

One thing I adored about this one was that it was from a dual point of view. Right from the start of Paper Princess all I wanted was to find out what was going on in Reed's mind and to see things from his point of view as well. In Broken Prince we see this. We are split between Reed's point of view and Ella's. We get to see why he did certain things at the end of the first book and it didn't take long for Reed to win me back over. He is such an awesome character and I love him. He's amazing and sweet and all I want is for things to work out for him and Ella.

Once again Erin Watt sucked me in with her phenomenal writing style. I devoured Broken Prince in one sitting. I could not put it down and I wouldn't stop reading until I had read the entire thing. The good thing about that is that I found out what happened... the bad thing about that was that I have to wait for the next book to release and after that cliffhanger ending I am so damn impatient.

Broken Prince was amazing. It was an all consuming, drop everything and read until you've finished, addictive read. I couldn't put it down. There are no words for my utter love for this book series and these characters. I can't wait to see what's going to happen in the next book and while I am dying to see the end of Ella's story I am really hoping that Erin decides to write books for the other Royal brothers because the more I hear about them the more I want them to have their own books. It would be totally awesome.

The Royals series is sexy, addictive and breathtaking and I cannot wait to find out what happens next. If you're looking for a new contemporary read I cannot recommend this series enough. It's addictive, breathtaking and heart-melting. A must read!

 "And I thought, I'll just keep after him. Eventually I'll wear him down, convince him that we're a beautiful fairy tale. But we're not. We're nothing. We're smoke - insubstantial and meaningless. We aren't even a tragegy. We're less than nothing."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment