Friday, August 5

K-Books Time at #YALC Day 1 - Friday



Friday 28th July 2016 saw the start of the third Young Adult Literature Convention and I was so beyong excited. This is the event that I look forward to every single summer and Friday sounded super awesome.

Check out the schedule for Friday. 

As soon as I got into YALC on Friday morning I immediately went to the Waterstones stand to but Unboxed by Non Pratt. The book releases on August 15th but it was being sold early at YALC and Non Pratt is one of my all time favourite authors so I knew I just HAD to go and get it.

After that I went and sat in the first panel of the day which was The YA Book Prize which included Sarah Crossan, Jenny Downham, Catherine Johnson and Lisa Williamson talking about their award winning books. Following that I went and got books signed by Sarah Crossan and Lisa Williamson. There's no pictures of me with these as I saw them last year.

Following that I went to the next panel which I was so so excited for. It was 'Behind the Magic: Magical Systems in YA'. This is without a doubt one of my very favourite panels of the entire weekend as I am such a huge huge fan of YA fantasy novels. Sally Green, Taran Matharu, Melinda Salisbury and VE Schwab talked about the magical systems in all of their series.



Following that I went and got my copy of The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury signed. I absolutely love Melinda, she is utterly hilarious and brilliant.

After that I went and checked out some of the publisher stalls and the best thing ever happened. The very awesome people at My Kinda Book gave me an ARC of Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake. I am seriously dying for this book sooooo much and I am so excited to have it. Thank you My Kinda Book and especially George Lester who got me the ARC <3 nbsp="" p="">.
<3 nbsp="" p="">


I had a bit of break until 3pm when the next panel I wanted to go to was on so I wandered around looked and spoke to the publishers at the publisher stalls and spoke to some of my very favourite bloggers.

Then it was time for the second fantasy panel of the day 'Fantasy London' which included Ben Aaronovitch, Samantha Shannon and VE Schwab talking to Katherine Webber about their series. I left the talk a little bit early in order to join VE Schwab's signing queue which turned out to be a great thing as I was fifth from the front and her queue got humongous!!!!! She is so super awesome. She signed my Vicious bag and we chatted for a while about how much I love her books and she said how excited she was for me as I have yet to read A Darker Shade of Magic series. She even said she hopes to see me again at one of her future events. *squeal*


After I saw VE Schwab, which was one of my favourite parts of the weekend. I love her and her books. She is so great! I went to see Samantha Shannon. She was super awesome!


And finally my last stop was to go and see LA Weatherly, who is super super awesome. Again I have no pictures as I saw her last year. After that me and Faye went for dinner and I crashed out in my hotel room because I was freaking exhausted.

Check out the blog tomorrow for what happened on Day 2 of YALC.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment