Thursday, August 4

Early Review: Unboxed

Unboxed
Non Pratt

Published By: Barrington Stoke
Publication Date: August 15, 2016
Date Read: August 2, 2016
Genre: YA - Contemporary
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 140
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Unboxed is about four teenagers who come together after several months apart. In previous years, they had put together a time capsule about their best summer with a friend who was dying. Now that their friend has passed, they reunite to open the box.

"Living takes up so much brain space that it squishes out all the other stuff. The important things. Like when you felt like the best version of yourself. Who was there when you did. Whether you've been chasing that version of yourself ever since and never found her."

Unboxed was a book that I have been dying to get my hands on from the moment I first heard about it. Non Pratt is without a doubt one of my very favourite authors of all time. Right from the moment I read her debut novel, Trouble, I was completely obsessed. Seriously, if you haven't read it what the hell are you waiting for? Go read it right now! So when I heard Unboxed was going to be made available early at YALC it was the first thing that I needed to buy.

I absolutely devoured this book in one sitting. From the moment I started it I did not put it down until I had finished it. It's such a beautiful, important and moving story filled with friendship and loss. It's such a beautiful story and it had me in tears more than once throughout the book.

One thing I love about this book is that it's so easy to read. It isn't a really complex book that has you over-thinking. It's such a nice, quick and easy read and it's perfect for people who aren't big readers. If I had any friends who didn't like reading I would recommend Unboxed to them because it has everything in it that would hook anyone into reading. It's a quick easy read and it's beautiful and moving and emotional and I loved every single second and page of this gorgeous gem of a story.

I cannot recommend Unboxed enough. It's just utter perfection wrapped up in a gorgeous package of awesome. I loved every moment of it and once again I am in that post-Non Pratt book state of wanting to re-read everything she has written while I not-so-patiently wait for her next book. Everyone needs to read this book. It's utterly perfect in every way!

"I know why we all fell apart, that's just what happens. But things that fall apart can be put back together, right? Even if there's a piece missing."



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment