Wednesday, July 6

Review: See Me (See Me #1)

See Me (See Me #1)
Wendy Higgins

Publication Date: March 17, 2014
Date Read: May 30, 2016
Genre: YA - Fantasy
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 282
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
While most seventeen-year-old American girls would refuse to let their parents marry them off to a stranger, Robyn Mason dreams of the mysterious McKale in Ireland, wondering how he’ll look and imagining his cute Irish accent. Prearranged bindings are common for magical families like her own, however when she travels to the whimsical Emerald Isle she discovers there’s more to her betrothal and McKale’s clan than she was led to believe.

What starts as an obligatory pairing between Robyn and McKale morphs over time into something they both need. But one giant obstacle stands in the way of their budding romance: a seductive and deadly Fae princess accustomed to getting what she wants—and what she wants is McKale as her plaything. Love, desire, and jealousies collide as Robyn’s family and McKale’s clan must work together to outsmart the powerful Faeries and preserve the only hope left for their people.

See Me was one of those books that I couldn't wait to read as soon as I heard about it. I was very lucky to BETA read this one for Wendy way back before it was published and I loved it so much back then. At the time Wendy decided to put the book on hold so when I heard she was publishing it I was so beyond excited. I knew everyone would love this book and the final copy has sat on my shelf for so long. Considering I am meeting Wendy this summer, I decided it was the perfect time to dust off my copy and re-read it.

See Me is a book set in Ireland and it involves all kinds of mystical creatures like Fae and Leprachauns... yes, you heard that right Leprachauns. Before reading this book I probably would have said Leprachauns... well I don't think that's my kind of book... but it is. Oh. My. God. It is. I absolutely adored this book. It was fanatstic and I couldn't put the book down from start to finish.

Wendy's writing is just so enamouring. Every book she has wrote I have loved. I have picked it up and within a couple of chapters have been unable to put it down... this one was no different. I was taken to a world of magic with a backdrop of the beautiful country of Ireland and with the characters going-ons I just couldn't put it down.

I loved everything about this book. The fun storyline, the characters and the magic. I am seriously dying for Wendy to write a sequel to this book as I just adore it. It's so amazing and addictive. If you want a fast-paced fun read then this is the book for you. It is not to be missed. I loved every moment of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment