Wednesday, June 8

Review: Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands #1)

Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands #1)
Alwyn Hamilton

Published By: Viking Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: March 8, 2016
Date Read: May 15, 2016
Genre: YA - Epic Fantasy
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 320
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
She’s more gunpowder than girl—and the fate of the desert lies in her hands.

Mortals rule the desert nation of Miraji, but mystical beasts still roam the wild and barren wastes, and rumor has it that somewhere, djinni still practice their magic. But there's nothing mystical or magical about Dustwalk, the dead-end town that Amani can't wait to escape from.

Destined to wind up "wed or dead," Amani’s counting on her sharpshooting skills to get her out of Dustwalk. When she meets Jin, a mysterious and devastatingly handsome foreigner, in a shooting contest, she figures he’s the perfect escape route. But in all her years spent dreaming of leaving home, she never imagined she'd gallop away on a mythical horse, fleeing the murderous Sultan's army, with a fugitive who's wanted for treason. And she'd never have predicted she'd fall in love with him...or that he'd help her unlock the powerful truth of who she really is.

"Tell me that and we’ll go. Right now. Save ourselves and leave this place to burn. Tell me that’s how you want your story to go and we’ll write it straight across the sand"

Rebel of the Sands was a book I heard about last summer when I was at YALC and it sounded so awesome. However, I didn't read it until almost a year later and honestly I don't know why the hell I didn't pick it up sooner. It has absolutely everything that I love in a book. Epic fantasy world, mystical characters and animals and even a dash of wonderful slow-burning romance. I loved every moment of this book.

All Amani has ever wanted was to get out of Dustwalk. She doesn't want to marry the suitor that appeals the most to her father... she just wants out. So when a mysterious and handsome stranger appears in Dustwalk her world is turned upside down. She sees her way out... but she never imagined she would be caught up in a whirlwind af treason and rebellion.

I seriously loved everything about this book. It was just incredible. I loved Amani right from the start. I really sympathised with her situation and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough to find out whether she escaped Dustwalk or not. She is totally kickass and amazing.

Enter Jin... I adore him. He is the most awesome character in this book and the more I read of this book the more I loved him. He is such a fantastic character in this book and he brought the romance into this book as well as the mystery and intrigue of what was actually going on.

Rebel of the Sands is a heart-stopping and action-packed first novel of what is bound to be a phenomenal series. I loved every single moment of it and I cannot wait to see what is going to happen next! The more I read the more I loved it and this book is filled to the brim of intrigue that keeps you reading for you to find out what is going on. I cannot wait for the next book it cannot come soon enough.

If you love fantasy stories set in far off places this book is definitely a must-read for you. It's absolutely incredible and I am so glad I read it. I am now waiting with anticipation to see what will happen next to these amazing characters. Book 2 right now please!

"That’s why I didn’t want to bring you into this revolution, Amani. Because I didn’t want to watch the Blue-Eyed Bandit get unmade by a prince without a kingdom."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment