Wednesday, April 6

Review: The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2)

The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2)
Rick Yancey

Published By: Penguin Books
Publication Date: September 16, 2014
Date Read: March 16, 2016
Genre: YA - Dystopia
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 300
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
The hugely anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestselling The 5th Wave, hailed by Justin Cronin as “wildly entertaining.”

For Cassie Sullivan and the rest of Earth’s remaining human survivors, the situation was already desperate when the 5th Wave hit. It’s about to get worse.

No one yet knows the depths to which Earth’s conquerors—the Others—will sink in order to rid the Earth of the human infestation, nor have they guessed the heights to which the human spirit can reach. Characters introduced in Book One will come to the fore—and others will face the ultimate test.

Readers will watch in awe as the Others give their answer to Cassie’s defiance.

"They can kill us, even down to the last of us, but they can't kill - can never kill - what lasts in us."

The 5th Wave was such an amazing book for me. I really loved it and from the moment I finished it I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. I have to say The Infinite Sea... did not live up to my expectations whatsoever. I am so very disappointed in this book. I really struggled to get through it.

My main thing with this book is I missed our main character Cassie. There's like 2 maybe 3 parts of the entire book from her point of view and I really missed her. We had quite a lot of parts told from the perspective of Ringer which I didn't really enjoy a lot. In The 5th Wave I really did not see her as a main character and throughout the first 2/3 of this book I really disliked Ringer. I just didn't think she was a very nice person and while I liked finding more out about her background I had no interest in her point of view for the story. And there is an absolutely enormous section from her point of view and I really had to force myself to keep reading throughout it. It was seriously tough going for me.

The 5th Wave ended on such an action-packed and exciting note and I was ready to continue that on but it just didn't happen. I can't really tell you much of what happened in this book because not much happened. I feel like this book is without a doubt a filler book just putting small things in motion ready for the third and final book. I wanted more action and it was just sort of lulling through the whole 300 pages. It did get better towards the end and I am looking forward to the third book as I feel like it will be amazing but The Infinite Sea just bored me a little bit.

One thing I did love about this book was the new characters, namely Razor. I loved him. He was awesome and the only thing that kept me entertained and wanting to continue reading throughout Ringer's point of view part. He made me keep reading and I can't wait to see what happens with him in the final book but please please can we have more of Cassie and Evan's perspectives in the final book? Please?

The Infinite Sea definitely suffered from 'second book syndrome', it was a complete stepping stone setting the scene to the final book and I am looking forward to it. I believe the third book is going to be amazing and I do really love this story but I was really disappointed in this book. It was a necessary read to get to the finale but I was really bored and it was a struggle.

"It isn't that the lies are too beautiful to resist. It's that the truth is too hideous to face."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment