Wednesday, April 20

Review: Ensnared (Splintered #3)

Ensnared (Splintered #3)
AG Howard 

Published By: Amulet Books
Publication Date: January 6, 2015
Date Read: March 28, 2016
Genre: YA - Retelling
Source: Bought
Format: Hardback
Pages: 420
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
After surviving a disastrous battle at prom, Alyssa has embraced her madness and gained perspective. She's determined to rescue her two worlds and the people and netherlings she loves. Even if it means challenging Queen Red to a final battle of wills and wiles . . . and even if the only way to Wonderland, now that the rabbit hole is closed, is through the looking-glass world--a parallel dimension filled with mutated and violent netherling outcasts. In the final installment of the wildly popular Splintered trilogy, Alyssa and her dad journey into the heart of magic and mayhem in search of her mom and to set right all that's gone wrong. Together with Jeb and Morpheus, they must salvage Wonderland from the decay and destruction that has ensnared it. But if they succeed and come out alive, can everyone truly have their happily ever after?

"When Jeb's at my side the world is a canvas - unblemished and welcoming. When I'm with Morpheus it's a wanton playground - wicked and addictive."

My heart feels completely and utterly torn in two right now. I am so in love with everything about this book, it was utter Wonderland perfection, but at the same time I feel like I am in mourning after realising that there is no more Wonderland to dive into. Knowing that this utterly beautiful and breathtaking series is over. Ensnared was absolutely everything I could have ever wanted for the finale to this perfect series. I am both overjoyed and heartbroken.

Alyssa is on a mission to go through to the Looking Glass world in order to save the two boys that she loves in order to go back and restore Wonderland. But things can never be that simple, she also must defeat the evil Queen Red. But can Alyssa do all of this, have everyone alive and not end up breaking the hearts of one, or both of the boys that in different ways, she loves.

Ensnared was utter perfection. I can't describe it any other way. I loved every single moment of it. I went through such a emotional rollercoaster ride while reading this book. I laughed, I swooned and I cried. Alyssa is without a doubt the perfect heroine and when you look at her at the beginning of Splintered and look at her at the end of Ensnared she has gone through such a beautiful and amazing transformation. She is so much wiser, stronger and regal that I could have ever imagined in the first book.

The Boys... Oh where to begin. I love them both in different ways - just like Alyssa. Jeb is sweet and kind but my man is Morpheus. I truly don't understand how anyone could dislike him. He is amazing and eccentric and I love everything about him. It was the love triangle that caused me the most anxiety while reading this book. I was so Team Morpheus, as I have been since the very beginning of this series, but I didn't want Jeb to be hurt either. I think AG Howard truly gave us the most perfect resolution to this love triangle. I have read a resolution like this just once before and I didn't like it for that series but Anita wrote it in such a stunning and beautiful way it was utterly perfect.

Ensnared was such a journey. No words can ever express my love for Wonderland and this series. This is such a huge change for me because before reading Splintered I was never a fan of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. It bored me and I thought it wasn't such a great story. Anita has changed that so much for me. She has made me see what a beautiful, strange and mysterious world Wonderland is and she has made me fall in love with everything about it.

Ensnared was utterly perfect. It destroyed my heart and slowly put it back together. It truly was the perfect ending to a beautifully moving and inspiring series. This series will always have it's place as one of my all time favourite series in my heart. My love for it can never be expressed in words. It is one I will read again and again to exprience every thing over and over again. I am utterly heartbroken that this series is over but it was a perfect ending and I loved every moment of this whole series. It was flawless and mad and I can't wait to relive it all over and over again.

"My precious Alyssa, share reality with me. Give me forever. We will wreak such beautiful havoc together."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment