Wednesday, March 23

Review: The Fearie War (Creepy Hollow #3)

The Faerie War (Creepy Hollow #3)
Rachel Morgan

Publication Date: October 21, 2013
Date Read: February 27, 2016
Genre: YA - Fantasy / Fae
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 334
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Driven by action, suspense, and a strong heroine, this deliciously detailed, bestselling YA fantasy will keep you turning the pages right up until the epic conclusion...

Violet Fairdale is in big trouble. Her home is gone, her beloved forest lies in ruins, the guy she gave her heart to has deserted her—and she doesn’t remember any of it. The powerful Lord Draven is taking over, brainwashing guardians into fighting for him. No one is safe from the evil spreading throughout the fae world.

As alliances are forged between the remaining free fae, Vi struggles to reclaim her identity and figure out where she belongs in this new world. When someone from her past shows up, life gets even more complicated. He brings with him a long-forgotten weapon and an ancient prophecy that places Vi at the center of the fight against Draven. With the future of the fae world at stake, can Vi carry out the prophecy’s instructions before it’s too late?

Holy Crap!!!! This book was absolutely blow your pants off fantastic! After the ending of The Faerie Prince I genuinelly could not wait to read this book and find out what was going to happen. The Faerie War did not disappoint and a part of me is devastated that Violet and Ryn's story is over. I'm going to miss them so much!

The Faerie War was a little harder for me to get into than the previous two books in this series. A part of me was dying to find out what was going to happen but with Violet's memories of everything gone I found it harder to get into as I just wanted the old kick-ass Vi back. Saying that once I got used to this new memory-less Vi I still loved her. She was different but still the same Vi that I loved from the previous books. The more I read the more I loved and I couldn't believe what was happening with the new big bad villian.

Nate... what the freaking hell Nate. I get that Vi hurt your feelings but seriously??? That is no excuse to do what you did. Considering I really liked Nate in the first book, I started to dislike him a lot in book 2 but after this one??? Yeah I hate him. I spent the majority of this book just wishing he would be killed already. I feel slightly bad for him but still hate him. Stupid Boy!!!!

Ryn.... oh be still my heart! I adore Ryn. He is officially one of my all time favourite characters ever. He's amazing and he was so much more amazing in this book. Once he found out about Vi's lack of memories he was devastated but he seen became determined to make her fall back in love with him *swoon* He is totally the best.

The Faerie War was an explosive and amazing finale to Vi and Ryn's story in the Creepy Hollow series. This is without a doubt now one of my all time favourite series and I am so excited to read Calla's story in the next 3 books and as much as I want to devour book 4 and 5 right this second (and they are waiting on my bookshelf ready) after the book 2 cliffhanger I am waiting for book 6 to be released so I can binge read Calla's story as I did Violet's.

The Faerie War was phenomenal and I cannot recommend the Creepy Hollow series enough. It was utter perfection and one I know I will re-read again and again. Definitely one for the favourites shelf. I adored every moment of it.

"It was about growing up together. It was about knowing your fears and dreams. It was about forgiveness. It was about making you laugh and being there when you cried. It was about knowing that even if we lived for centuries, I'd never get tired of having you at my side."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment