Wednesday, March 9

Review: The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow #1)

The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow #1)
Rachel Morgan

Publication Date: October 27, 2012
Date Read: February 9, 2016
Genre: YA - Fantasy / Fae
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 298
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Enter a hidden world of magic, mystery, danger and romance in this YA fantasy from Amazon bestselling author, Rachel Morgan...

Protecting humans from dangerous magical creatures is all in a day’s work for a faerie training to be a guardian. Seventeen-year-old Violet Fairdale knows this better than anyone—she’s about to become the best guardian the Guild has seen in years. That is, until a cute human boy who can somehow see through her faerie glamor follows her into the Fae realm. Now she’s broken Guild Law, a crime that could lead to her expulsion.

The last thing Vi wants to do is spend any more time with the boy who got her into this mess, but the Guild requires that she return Nate to his home and make him forget everything he’s discovered of the Fae realm. Easy, right? Not when you factor in evil faeries, long-lost family members, and inconvenient feelings of the romantic kind. Vi is about to find herself tangled up in a dangerous plot—and it’ll take all her training to get out alive.

'"Creepy Hollow?" He snorts. "Like Sleepy Hollow?"
"No, like Creepy Hollow. It has nothing to do with sleeping."'


The Faerie Guardian is a freebie I picked up on kindle what feels like forever ago and it just sat on my kindle for so long unread. In my challenge this year to tackle my TBR list this one randomly ended up on my February TBR list and I decided to give it a go. Oh. My. God!!!! why the hell did I not read this book sooner? Within the first 2/3 chapters I was completely and utterly addicted. I couldn't stop reading.

The Faerie Guardian follows Vi. Violet is a faerie training to be a guardian. A type of faerie that protects the innocents, usually humans, from the other types of fae that intend to hurt them. Determined to be the top of her class Vi has never done anything wrong in all the years of her training. Until she saves one particular human, who sees through her glamour and follows her back into the Faerie Realm. Embarking on a dangerous journey to take the boy back Vi finds herself developing feelings for this strange yet intriguing human. Can she let it go to save her place as the top trainee guardian or are matters much darker at play?

Violet is without a doubt one of my favourite YA characters. She is super awesome. I love her kick-ass attitude, she is so snarky and awesome I really identified with her so much. I couldn't stop reading this book as I was dying to see what was going to happen with Violet.

Enter the boys. Nate... I really liked Nate. He was cute and I really enjoyed his and Violet's scenes and growing relationship. However.... Ryn.... Ryn is a total ass! He's horrible and cocky... and I freaking loved him. His scenes definitely brought the humour to the book and I loved that. Ryn totally has potential to grow into my favourite character. I certainly think there's something behind his hostility that I can't wait to find out about.

The Faerie Guardian has everything I could have wanted in a book. It has kick-ass heart stopping action and swoon-worthy breathtaking romance. I loved every second of it and I cannot wait to get my hands on the second book in this series 'The Faerie Prince'. Rachel Morgan is officially becoming a author to watch for me. I can't wait to see what happens next.

'"I would have thought you’d pay more attention to your closest competition."
"I would—if you were competition worth paying attention to."'



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment