Wednesday, March 30

Review: The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave #1)

The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave #1)
Rick Yancey

Published By: Penguin Books
Publication Date: May 7, 2013
Date Read: March 11, 2016
Genre: YA - Dystopia
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 457
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother-or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.

"Because if I am the last one, then I am humanity. And if this is humanity's last war, then I am the battlefield."

The 5th Wave was a book that was bought for me for my birthday when it first released, and here I am almost a full 3 years later finally writing my review the day I finished reading the book. I can't really give a good reason why I didn't read it before now... it was one of those books that I really wanted to read but I just didn't pick it up. I always ended up choosing some other book over this one. I have absolutely no idea why because after finishing this book I can honestly say I was missing out. The 5th Wave was completely different from what I expected... in such an amazing way. I really enjoyed this book.

Cassie's alone. After the first 4 waves of the invasion almost everyone on earth is dead. But Cassie made a promise... that she would find Sammy, her little brother and as she begins her journey to reunite with the only family she has left Cassie has to be careful. Because the 5th Wave is coming. She doesn't know what it is but she knows it could arrive at any time.

Cassie was such a great character for me. I felt like she was so brave. I can understand that some people may have found her whiny and such but let's face it if this happened to you when you were 16 years old you'd be the same. She was super brave and I really associated with her.

Evan... oh Evan. Let's just say I did not trust Evan one bit. He was mysterious and in a world that has been invaded with Aliens mysterious is not good. Every person I came across I was just like are you a alien? I was suspicious of everyone. But the more I read the more I fell in love with him. Now I am completely head over heels for Evan. He is awesome.

The 5th Wave is told from multiple perspectives and I had very mixed opinions of this. I usually love multiple perspectives and don't get me wrong I liked that but there were certain character perspectives that bored me. In the middle of the book we had the perspective of Ben and I just grew bored and I really had to power through throughout those parts of the book that really took away part of my enjoyment of the book.

Overall I really enjoyed The 5th Wave. It's an awesome action packed novel and I am really looking forward to reading the sequel. If you love dystopia novels with a dash of romance and lots of aliens this is the perfect book for you. I can't wait to find out what will happen next.

"I didn't save you. You saved me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment