Monday, March 21

Early Review: Flawed (Flawed #1)

Flawed (Flawed #1)
Cecelia Ahern

Published By: Harper Collins Childrens Publishing
Publication Date: March 24, 2016
Date Read: March 19, 2016
Genre: YA - Dystopia
Source: eARC from Harper Collins and Netgalley
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
The stunning YA debut from internationally bestselling author Cecelia Ahern.

Celestine North lives a perfect life. She’s a model daughter and sister, she’s well-liked by her classmates and teachers, and she’s dating the impossibly charming Art Crevan.

But then Celestine encounters a situation in which she makes an instinctive decision. She breaks a rule and now faces life-changing repercussions. She could be imprisoned. She could be branded. She could be found FLAWED.

In this stunning novel, bestselling author Cecelia Ahern depicts a society in which perfection is paramount and mistakes are punished. And where one young woman decides to take a stand that could cost her everything.

"Who would you prefer they watch? You or the girl you're pretending to be?

When I first heard about Flawed there were seriously no words for how excited I was about this book. Cecelia Ahern has forever been one of my all-time favourite authors. She is pretty much the reason that this blog exists and this blogger even loves to read. From the moment I picked up her debut novel PS, I Love You when I was 16, I fell head over heels in love with her books and have devoured each and every one of them. I am more of a YA reader now and there are only very few adult books that I will pick up and read. Cecelia is one of those authors that I just have to read everything she comes out with regardless of age range or genre. So, for her to be releasing a YA novel was so exciting for me. I was not disappointed. Flawed is absolutely stunning. I loved every moment of it.

Celestine lives in a society where if you make a bad decision morally you are scarred for life. You are stamped as Flawed so everybody can see. The Flawed have to live a basic life and are only allowed basic food etc. When Celestine sees a Flawed man who is very ill and nobody is bothering to help him, she has to make a big decision: does she help him and risk becoming a Flawed herself, or does she watch as he possibly dies in front of her and stay in her safe world. Celestine's life is about to change dramatically and she's about to discover just who in her society is truly 'Flawed'.

Celestine was such an interesting character to me. I loved her but she could be slightly irritating at times. She's a 16 year old girl who is very logical and likes to solve problems. Her life goes from perfect to terrble in the space of a day and I felt so much for her. I just wanted to reach into the book and give her a hug and tell her everything was going to be okay. The more I read, the more I liked her and was so proud of the decisions that she made. I was definitely cheering her on from the sidelines.

Cecelia's writing style is just absolutely 'flawless'. I was grabbed right from the very start and I genuinely could not put this book down. It was just stunning. As I ended each chapter I was just telling myself 'one more chapter'. Her writing is so addictive and fantastic and this is without a doubt one of the most compelling books I have ever read. I just couldn't wait to see what was going to happen and even though I was terrified of what was going to happen I couldn't put it down.

Flawed is one of the most emotional books I've ever read. It really moved me and I was crying one minute and shocked the next. It was absolutely fantastic and I cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel. Cecelia is definitely one of my favourite authors of all time. If you love YA Dystopia with an absolutly shocking society then this book is for you. It is moving, emotional and absolutely flawless. A perfect read for any Cecelia or dystopia fans. A must-read!

"It takes courage to overcome, but it takes extreme gear to be courageous."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment