Tuesday, February 16

Review: Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4)

Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4)
Marissa Meyer

Published By: Puffin
Publication Date: November 10, 2015
Date Read: January 25, 2016
Genre: YA - Sci-Fi/Fairytale Retelling
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 824
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend—the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?

"Yeah, but broken isn't the same as unfixable."

Winter was one of those books that I couldn't wait for the most. I absolutely adored all of the previous books in this series and I was so excited to see how it was all going to end in the final installment of The Lunar Chronicles. I had such high expectations of this book and Marissa Meyer surpassed all of them. Winter was absolutely phenomenal. I was so freaking excited about it and it was amazing. I loved every single second of it.

It took me quite a long time to read Winter and that has nothing to do with the book itself. It wasn't slow to get into or anything like that. It's just that this book is flipping huge! It's enormous!!! and I didn't have a whole lot of reading time at the time either.

One thing I have always loved about this series is that even though each book is another person's story we still get the stories and goings on from the other characters that we have already fell head over heels in love with. Winter was a fast paced action packed journey that had me on the end of my seat and even though I was reading very slow to savour every moment at the same time I couldn't turn the pages fast enough as I just needed to know what was going to happen.

I cannot put my love for this series in words and I was so happy to see the endings for my favourite couples. As much as I adore Cinder and Kai, Scarlet and Wolf and I fell for Winter and Jacin but my goodness Cress and Thorne are without a doubt my favourite couple in the whole series. They are just so sweet and perfect and their story will always be my favourite. I was so enamoured by everything going on that I just couldn't stop reading.

If you'd have told me a few years ago that I would me mourning over the end of a series where Cinderella is a cyborg and it's set in space and on the moon I would have laughed at you. Why? Because it's so sci-fi and sci-fi wasn't my thing. How wrong I was. This is without a doubt one of my all time favourite series and I am dying for the next book by Marissa Meyer. She has fast become one of my all time favourite authors. This series is story-telling at its best and is not to be missed.

I loved every single second. If you haven't read this series yet... what the hell are you waiting for? You need to go read this series like right now. You will not be disappointed. What a heartstopping and breath taking series and I can't wait to experience it all again when I re-read.

"We may be animals, but we will never again live in your cage."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment