Sunday, February 14

Review: The Halfling (Aria Fae #1)

The Halfling (Aria Fae #1) 
HD Gordon

Publication Date: February 2, 2016
Date Read: January 31, 2016
Genre: YA - Fantasy / Fae
Source: eARC from HD Gordon
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads
Being seventeen and an outcast is hard. Being seventeen and only half human is harder.

When Aria Fae gets cast out of the Peace Brokers, a secret supernatural organization that’s trained her since infancy, and is left to fend for herself in the human world, she finds herself in Grant City, intent on attempting a normal human life.

As a Halfling, Aria has abilities that are a little underused in the flower shop she lands a job at. And when her new friend Samantha Shy enlists Aria to help investigate her mother’s death, the two girls decide to become vigilantes.

A new drug called Black Magic is running rampant in the streets of Grant City, turning people into supercharged maniacs. With Sam’s mad computer skills, and Aria’s Faevian abilities, they may be just the heroes Grant City is in need of.

Or they may find out they’re in way over their heads, and their mutual crush on the same guy is the least of their worries.

When Heather contacted me and asked if I wanted to read and review her new YA series I jumped at the chance. I have been a big fan of HD Gordon ever since I read her YA debut Blood Warrior and I adore books about the Fae so when I heard about this series and what it was about I couldn't wait to read it. I didn't really know what to expect from this book as it's been a long time since I've read anything of Heather's and I know her books would be a lot different from the ones I experienced back when she was just starting out writing but holy crap this book was amazing. I absolutely loved it and I am dying for book 2.

Aria has been left to fend for herself in the human world after spending her life training with the Peace Brokers, a secret organisation. She now is trying to live a normal human life and hiding her Halfling abilities. But can she stop trying to help people when she has the ability to when everything in Grant City turns dark?

I loved this book! Like I seriously loved everything about it. It was fast-paced and fun and I just loved the characters. I loved Aria, I loved her friends... I basically loved everything about this book. It was amazing. The friendship between Aria and Sam was such a beautiful thing to see develop. One thing I adored so much was that the book focussed more on their friendship than the love interests and I think more books need to do that. Relationships are great to read about but friendships last forever and I loved that Heather focussed on that aspect so much it made the book just so much more amazing to me.

Okay now enter the love interests. The most obvious love interest was Caleb. He's rich, sweet and funny... what could go wrong? Well nothing. Nothing could go wrong I really liked him but for me he was in the shadows for Aria's beautifully handsome and secrative neighbour Reid. I adore him. He isn't in the book quite as much as Caleb but the moments he is in I loved every scene. I am hoping for a lot more Reid moments in book 2.

One thing that I am sad about is that I read the entire book not realising that it links in with another of Heather's series. I didn't realise this until right at the end because I haven't read Heather's other series. A part of me wishes I had as I feel like I'd have felt for Aria and understood her so much better if I had so I definitely need to go back and read that other series.

The Halfling was amazing. It really touched me and I can't wait for the next book. It was absolutely amazing and I can't wait to catch up on all of Heather's other books. I loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment