Friday, February 12

Early Review: Underground (New World #4)

Underground (New World #4)
Janelle Stalder

Publication Date: February 14, 2015
Date Read: January 2, 2016
Genre: NA - Dystopia
Source: BETA copy from Author
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
  Love isn't something you find.
Love is something that finds you.

Phoenix has spent her whole life fighting. All she's ever wanted was to return the world to a peaceful state, and bring down the New World Order. But now she finds herself in a different sort of battle. No longer set in the streets of New Berlin, the fighting has moved beneath them, in a vicious underground fighting ring run by outlaws bent on causing trouble. And if that isn't hard enough, she's stuck with the one person who loves to fight more than she does - Trent McKay. Now the race is on to get out of their new prison and back home - before they end up killing each other.

Or worse - fall in love.

Underground is one of those books that I couldn't wait for. As soon as Janelle emailed me to ask if I would like to BETA read this for her I couldn't contain my excitement. I couldn't wait to dive in. I already had such massive expectations for this book and it suppassed all of my expectations. Underground was absolutely amazing. I loved every moment.

It has been quite a while since I read the other books in this series. I have been a big fan of Janelle's since her debut book Eden and I absolutely adore her. I soon caught back up to speed once I started reading this book. Janelle has such a great talent in her writing. She can remind you of what happened in the previous books without it feeling very repetitive. Janelle's writing style hooked me in with a matter of paragraphs and held me completely until I had devoured the entire book.

One thing that I adore about this series is that even though we cover a new couple in each book we still get to find out what is happening with the characters that we fell in love with in the previous books. I really loved getting into Phoenix and Trent's love story in this one. I'd already fell in love with both of these characters before this book so to see their story and their romance develop in this book was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment