Saturday, October 17

Review: The Witch Must Burn (Dorothy Must Die #0.2)

The Witch Must Burn (Dorothy Must Die #0.2)
Danielle Paige

Published By: Harper Teen
Publication Date: November 11, 2014
Date Read: August 16, 2015
Genre: YA - Fairytale Retelling
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
There’s a new Wicked Witch in Oz—and her name is Dorothy. This digital original novella is the second installment in the prequel arc to the edgy and exciting New York Times bestseller Dorothy Must Die.

Dorothy Gale is back . . . and she’s not the sweet little heroine of Oz anymore. She’s power-hungry and vicious, and she leaves a trail of destruction beneath her spike-heeled, magical shoes. But behind the scenes, there’s someone else pulling the strings. Someone who doesn’t want fame or glory—just control.

Glinda of the North brought Dorothy back to Oz for a reason. And in The Witch Must Burn, a young maid is about to discover that a witch who says she’s Good might be the most dangerous kind of Wicked.

The Witch Must Burn, the second novella in the 6-part novella series for the Dorothy Must Die series, was amazing. I really enjoyed this and as bad as it sounds I feel like I'm enjoying these prequel novellas more than the actual book. I just love the back story and seeing what happened to the characters before Amy arrived in Oz.

As much as I'm enjoying these more than the actual novels I am glad that I have read them in publication order as this novella definitely would have spoilt one of the twists in Dorothy Must Die. The Witch Must Burn follows Jellia, the head ladies-maid of Princess Dorothy of Oz. Although this is definitely Jellia's story I saw this more of a back story of Glinda as we saw a lot more of Glinda than we did in Dorothy Must Die and learnt a lot about her.

I really enjoyed this novella it was interesting and my favourite character of the series made a very welcoming appearence, Nox. I am so happy Nox was in this so obviously I was going to like it. I really like that the author of this series wants to give us a lot of back-story for the key characters in the series.

The Witch Must Burn was emotional and fast-paced and I really loved reading it. The more I read of the novellas the more I can't wait to continue this series. It's going to be awesome! Now roll on novella number 3 The Wizard Returns.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment