Thursday, October 8

Review: The Sin Eater's Daughter (The Sin Eater's Daughter #1)

The Sin Eater's Daughter (The Sin Eater's Daughter #1)
Melinda Salisbury

Published By: Scholastic Press
Publication Date: March 1, 2015
Date Read: July 28, 2015
Genre: YA - Epic Fantasy
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 336
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads
I am the perfect weapon.
I kill with a single touch.

Twylla is blessed. The Gods have chosen her to marry a prince, and rule the kingdom. But the favour of the Gods has it's price. A deadly poison infuses her skin. Those who anger the queen must die under Twylla's fatal touch.

Only Lief, an outspoken new guard, can see past Twylla's chilling role to the girls she truly is.

Yet in a court as dangerous and the queen's, some truths should not be told...

"How can there be different Gods, Lief?"
"I don't believe there are any at all. But I believe there are many men and women whose lives are made easier by believing someone is watching over them."

The Sin Eater's Daughter was one of my most anticipated releases of 2015 and it sounded like something I would love. As a huge fan of YA Epic Fantasy series I just knew that this one was going to be my kind of book. I'd heard mixed things about the book prior to reading it and so I put off reading it for a while as I was a little bit nervous. I wanted to love it so much. Now... I am kicking myself for not reading it sooner. I absolutely love this book!

Now, I'll be honest The Sin Eater's Daughter is not the most original and unique book I've read, especially in regards of the love triangle. I've seen the guard and prince love triangle done many many times but I just didn't care in this book. It didn't feel repetitive to me. The characters were so dynamic and awesome that I just loved them.

I loved both boys, which for me doesn't happen very often as I always have a team but more than I love them, I love Twylla. I am completely 100% #TeamTwylla she doesn't need either of the boys because she is too badass and awesome to need them. She is what made me love this book as much as I did. In terms of which guy I love more... well I'm sure the masses are in love with Lief but I love Marek more. To me, he is the more interesting character and I am looking forward to seeing more of him in the second book of this series.

I'm sure that there are lots of mixed feelings about the ending of this book but to me it was freaking perfect! I loved Twylla's decision. It was the perfect choice for her character and for the story and for me it's a decision that needs to happen more in YA fiction. I loved it. I'm kind of hoping that this is an indication as to how the series will end!

The Sin Eater's Daughter was a perfectly awesome book and I am so excited for more. If you've seen the mixed reviews and it has put you off reading this book I would really urge you to give it a go and see for yourself. It really blew me away and I am dying to get my hands on book 2.

"If I come to you, I want it to be because I am choosing you, for no reason other than that."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment