Saturday, September 26

Review: Fall With Me (Wait for You #4)

Fall with Me (Wait for You #4)
Jennifer L Armentrout

Published By: Avon Books
Publication Date: March 31, 2015
Date Read: August 1, 2015
Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Eleven months ago, bartender and weird-shirt-wearing extraordinaire Roxy and Officer Reece Anders had a one night stand. Well, kind of. She’s been in love with him since she was fifteen, and he wishes that night they shared never happened. She’s sworn him off forever, but the past and future collide, forcing her to rely on the one man who broke her heart not once, but twice.

Her best friend since birth has been in a long-term care facility since he became a victim of a hate crime years ago, and the person who put him in there is out of prison and wanting to make amends with him and Roxy. She’s not sure she has room for forgiveness in her and when she begins to receive frightening messages and is on the receiving end of escalating violence, she thinks she knows who is to blame. The man who already destroyed one life already.

But Reece isn’t convinced. The threats are too personal, and even if Roxy doesn’t believe him, he’s not willing to let anyone hurt her. Including himself. He’s already messed up more than once when it comes to Roxy and he’s not going to let history repeat itself.

"She is off, but she ain't going to be spending it with you unless you're last name is Winchester. And you are so obviously not Dean Winchester."

Fall With Me is one of those books that you're super excited for before release, buy it the moment it comes out... and then it sits there unread for months. I was obviously so very excited about this book as it's a JLA books but along with that I really liked Roxy and Reece when we met them in Stay With Me. The only reason I can really put my finger on why I didn't read it sooner is because I'm very touch-and-go with NA Contemporary novels. I get bored and irritated with them a lot because I feel like it's just the same story I have read a gazillion times being repeated all over again. However, I am kicking myself for not reading this one sooner. It's JLA and as always she has blown me away.

Fall with Me is one of my favourite NA novels that I have read. It has that typical snark and smexiness that you come to expect from a Jennifer Armentrout book. One thing I loved about Fall with Me was that there was more to the story than just the romance or the traumatic past for one of the characters that is really, in my opinion, overdone in this genre. I loved that it was different and there was a creepy and unputdownable quality to the story. It worked so much better with this additional storyline that other NA books just don't have. This is what makes this one of my favourite NA series.

I really loved every moment of this book and I just fell more in love with Roxy and Reece. They just may well be two of my all-time favourite JLA characters. The more I read the more I loved them and I just wanted everything to end up good for them... they deserved it. One thing I loved about this book was that there's not the typical couple break up and get back together thing. That's one of my pet hates in contemporary books so I always love it when I find one where that doesn't happen and the author finds other ways to keep the story going and the readers interested.

Fall With Me was the perfect installment in my favourite NA series. I love these books and I would re-read every single one of them... and for me and NA that's saying a lot. I'm super excited for the next book and to read Nick's story. It's bound to be awesome.

"Let yourself go and fall with me, and baby, I will catch you. I will get you through this. You just got to take that risk."



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment