Saturday, August 1

Review: The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment #0.5)

The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment #0.5)
Stacey O'Neale

Published By: Phoenix Reign Publishing
Publication Date: March 25, 2014
Date Read: May 11, 2015
Genre: YA - Mythology
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 111
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Every sacrifice has consequences.

Sixteen-year-old Rowan has spent most of his life living among the mortals—learning to control the element of fire, impatiently awaiting the day his vengeful mother, Queen Prisma, will abdicate her throne. When he finally returns to Avalon for his coronation, his mother insists he must first prove his loyalty to the court by completing a secret mission:

Kill Kalin, the half-human, half-elemental daughter of the air court king.

Willing to do anything to remove his mother from power, he agrees to sacrifice the halfling. He returns to the mortal world with his best friend, Marcus, determined to kill the princess. But as he devises a plan, he starts to question whether or not he's capable of completing such a heinous task. And what price he will pay if he refuses?

I have been a huge fan of mythology novels for so long so when I heard that Stacey O'Neale was releasing a series with mythological influences I could not wait to get my hands on it. I was right to be so excited. The Shadow Prince was absolutely phenomenal. I loved every single moment of it.

The Shadow Prince was everything that I have been waiting for wrapped up in a cocky but swoonworthy main man. I loved Rowan... and I mean LOVE him. He is sweet, protective and kind wrapped up in a typical bad boy exterior. The more I read of this prequel the more I absolutely adored him.

My one issue with The Shadow Prince is that it was far too short. I got to the end of the book and kept trying to find more pages to read because I never wanted it to end. It was perfect and amazing and made me so excited for the first book in the series Mortal Enchantment. I cannot wait to read it, though I want more Rowan goodness.

If you like Covenant Series by JLA then this is the new series for you. It has intrigue, romance, magic and mythology. It was the perfect introduction to our elementals and left me dying to see where the story would take us. It was utterly perfect for me... just too short.

"Every sacrifice has consequences."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment