Thursday, August 20

Review: Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone (Harry Potter #1)

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter #1)
JK Rowling

Published By: Bloomsbury
Publication Date: June 26, 1997
Date Read: June 5, 2015
Genre: YA - Fantasy
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 352
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
When a letter arrives for unhappy but ordinary Harry Potter, a decade-old secret is revealed to him that apparently he’s the last to know. His parents were wizards, killed by a Dark Lord’s curse when Harry was just a baby, and which he somehow survived. Leaving his unsympathetic aunt and uncle for Hogwarts, a wizarding school brimming with ghosts and enchantments, Harry stumbles upon a sinister mystery when he finds a three-headed dog guarding a room on the third floor. Then he hears of a missing stone with astonishing powers which could be valuable, dangerous – or both. An incredible adventure is about to begin!

"NEVER-INSULT-ALBUS-DUMBLEDORE-IN-FRONT-OF-ME!"

Harry Potter has always been, and will always be, my favourite YA series of all time. I grew up with this series being only 6 years old when the first book published and it still remains to be one of the best books I have read to date. I have read this series about 6 or 7 times but as I didn't blog then never reviewed it. So I thought it was about time for a re-read and for me to review them.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is such a stunningly additive introduction to this highly obsessive series. We are introduced to our amazing hero Harry while he is in such a horrid situation. It's only when he discovers that he is actually a wizard and not a muggle (non-magic folk) and that he will soon be on his way to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry that things start looking up. Be prepared for a stunningly magical adventure because that is exactly what you will get in this book.

JK Rowling is really one of the most amazing YA authors and right from the very first page I was sucked back into this amazing world. I read it in one sitting as I just couldn't put it down (even with this being a re-read and me knowing what was going to happen). Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone is filled to the brim with magic, adventure and danger. I loved every moment of it.

I have to say I enjoyed this book way more reading it as an adult than I ever did as a child. It took me back and turned me back into a Harry Potter fangirl while reading. I was squealing at all of my favourite parts and constantly going 'oh why wasn't that bit in the movie'. I loved re-reading this amazing, phenomenal and heartwarming story. I absolutely love this series and I cannot wait to re-read the rest of the books in the series. Now I'll just sit here and wait for my Hogwarts letter to turn up....

"Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment