Saturday, August 8

Review: Fragile Reign (Mortal Enchantment #2)

Fragile Reign (Mortal Enchantment #2)
Stacey O'Neale

Published By: Phoenix Reign Publishing
Publication Date: November 25, 2014
Date Read: May 24, 2015
Genre: YA - Mythology
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 306
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
It’s been a week since all hell broke loose…

Rumors of King Taron’s weakened powers have left the air court vulnerable. Kalin is desperate to awaken her akasha powers, except she doesn’t know how. Tension within the court is at an all-time high. Pressure is mounting for her to ascend to the throne, but a halfling has never ruled over any court. To solidify her position, the council has advised her to marry Sebastian—a high ranking air elemental she’s never met and her betrothed.

Will Kalin sacrifice her relationship with Rowan to strengthen her court?

Rowan and Marcus return to a fire court in turmoil. Liana’s death has fueled the fire elementals’ distrust against the air and woodland courts. The unbalanced elements have set off natural disasters all over the mortal world. Rowan takes the throne to restore balance, promising to unite the fire court. But not all elementals are happy with his leadership. Many are secretly loyal to Valac, which means Rowan needs to find allies for his cause.

Can Rowan unify the court of fire before the elements destroy the world?

Disclaimer: This review may include spoilers of the first book in the series, Mortal Enchantment.

After finishing Mortal Enchantment I couldn't wait to pick up Fragile Reign and I am so glad that I did. Fragile Reign picked up right where we left off, in the midst of Elemental drama. Kalin and Rowan have now been separated in order to do their duties, and just as things start to settle down, more drama occurs.

I loved Fragile Reign so much. At first I was worried about the separation of Kalin and Rowan but I needn't have worried as Fragile Reign brought us the most amazing thing possible - dual point of view. That's right people Rowan's POV is back *dances*. I loved following both characters through their parts of this journey - it was awesome as we kind of had two different journeys happening at the same time with certain cross overs when they met.

Fragile Reign saw a new character introduced - a new lead male, Sebastian. At first I was like 'oh no here comes the love triangle' but again I needn't have worried. I really need to trust Stacey more as she sure as hell knows what the readers want and what she is doing with these characters. When we were first introduced to Sebastian I kinda liked him, he seemed sweet and cute but the more of the book that I read, the more I started to dislike him. I definitely had suspicious eyes for every scene he was in. I just didn't trust him... but he certainly added a new dynamic to the series.

Fragile Reign was a phenomenal installment to the series. It completely broke my heart before slowly starting to put it back together again. I loved every single moment of it. It was certainly a rollercoaster and I couldn't read it fast enough. I just had to know what was going to happen. I loved every moment of it and yet again I am left reeling, dying for the next book in the series. Stacey is fast becoming a new favourite author of mine and I can't wait to see what she does with these characters next. Roll on book 3.

"As far as I could tell Sebastian only had one problem: he wasn't Rowan."



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment