Thursday, August 13

Non-Review: Reboot (Reboot #1)

Reboot (Reboot #1)
Amy Tintera

Published By: HarperTeen
Publication Date: May 7, 2013
Date Read: May 25, 2015
Genre: YA - Dystopia
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).

Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.

The perfect soldier is done taking orders.

Reboot is one of those books that you find, think oh my god this sounds awesome, buy it and then it sits unread for a long time. I bought Reboot soon after it released in 2013 and then it just kinda sat on my kindle for a long, long time. Finally 2 years later I am sat writing this review and I am so incredibly sad. I really, really wanted to like this book but unfortunately it just wasn't happening for me.

I truly think that Reboot was a book that I would have loved had I read it back when I first bought it. Back then dystopia books were the genre of book that I loved more than any other and I could read any dystopia and pretty much adore it. But since then my reading preferences have changed quite a lot. Reboot sounded like the perfect book for me dystopia world and robots... I mean what could possibly be any better? But I just couldn't get into it.

The writing style was not the best for me to get into. I couldn't connect to the world, storyline or characters and I was just super bored. I am so much a plot-driven reader and I felt like nothing was really happening very much and so I just couldn't continue.

I have no doubt that this book will be loved by many but unfortunately me and Reboot are not a great match.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment