Sunday, August 16

Book Tag: Disney Book Tag

Hey Guys,
So my good friend Tyler over at The Reading Pile decided to bring book tags, which are typically done in the booktubing community over to the blogs. She does one every week so you should check that out.

I'm not doing them every week but when I see one that I like I'm gonna post it on the Sunday. I couldn't resist with this one because it's Disney... and I'm a biiiiiig fan of Disney!!!


1. The Little Mermaid - A Character who is out of their element - a "fish out of water"

This one has got to be our little Amy Gumm from Kansas swept away to Oz where everything has changed. She is so crazily out of her depth when she is brought face-to-face with Dorothy, her warped friends and the witches.

I love this book and I loved how Amy truly was a 'fish out of water'.




2. Cinderella - A character who goes through a major transformation.

This has got to be the amazing Kalin from Stacey O'Neale's Mortal Enchantment series. Kalin knew about elementals but grew up in the mortal world with her mother. Once she hits 16 she goes to the land of the Elementals to live with her father to find him missing and now she is the rightful ruler of his kingdom. Kali goes through such a transformation going from carefree teenager to fearless elemental princess. LOVE IT!!!!




3. Snow White - A book with an eclectic cast of characters.

Now let's be honest if you have read this series you will know you can't even say the word eclectic without thinking of this book. I mean surely when you look up the word eclectic in the dictionary there you find a picture of Morpheus.

From the wonderful Morpheus, to the other wonderful characters that we come across in wonderland this is definitely the book with the most eclectic and wonderful characters in it.


4. Sleeping Beauty - A book that put you to sleep.

I really, really hate to say this because pretty much everyone I know loved this series but to me... it was just... so boring! It took me so long to get through it and it really did put me to sleep. I even tried book 2 but that too put me to sleep.

:(




5. The Lion King - A character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood.

To be fair this could have been any NA contemporary book I've read... because they're all the same but Sky in Hopeless really takes the title for this one. She does have something traumatic happened to her in childhood but she's repressed it and doesn't even know for most of the book and when she does remember my heart broke. 





6. Beauty and the Beast - A beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful.

This one has got to be Angel Fire. At 720 pages long this book is MASSIVE! I was intimidated by it and I wasn't. I was because holy crap that's a massive book but I loved the first book in the series so much I also couldn't wait to read it. I was not disappointed and everything about this book is gorgeous and beautiful. One of my all-time favourite series.

I could have gone with Game of Thrones for this but let's face it that's more traumatic than beautiful.

7. Aladdin - A character that gets their wish granted - for better or for worse.

Lacey definitely gets her wish granted in this book... no... literally it's about genies! When she finds the enchanted box and frees the genie she gets three wishes... but are her wishes really what she needs or wants in her heart?

I loved this book so unique and amazing!




8. Mulan - A character that pretends to be someone or something they are not.

Frozen contains many characters that pretend to be something their not. The main one being our heroine, who has to hide what she is in order to protect herself as otherwise she may just get killed.

Loved this book and I can't wait to continue the series.




9. Toy Story - A book with a characters you wish would come to life.

Naturally this has got to be JLA's Covenant series. This is mt favourite series of all time and who wouldn't want the Pures and Halves and Gods come to life. Plus I'd have Aiden and Alex and Aiden and Seth and Aiden and Deacon and Aiden and Apollo and did I mention Aiden?






10. Disney's Descendents - Your fave villain or morally ambiguous character.

It's got to be our most favourite Hogwarts Professor, Severus Snape. He is the epitome of morally ambiguous and I love him and this is without a doubt the best series and characters ever created. I will love it for how long you ask?

Always.




There we go guys my Disney Book Tag. I am not tagging anyone in it but if you do choose to have a go please tweet me a link so I can see your selections.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment