Saturday, July 11

Review: Killer Frost (Mythos Academy #6)

Killer Frost (Mythos Academy #6)
Jennifer Estep

Published By: Kensington Teen
Publication Date: February 25, 2014
Date Read: April 5, 2015
Genre: YA - Mythology
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
I’ve battled the Reapers of Chaos before–and survived. But this time I have a Bad, Bad Feeling it’s going to be a fight to the death … most likely mine.

Yeah, I’ve got my psychometry magic, my talking sword, Vic–and even the most dangerous Spartan on campus at my side, in Logan freaking Quinn, but I’m no match for Loki, the evil Norse god of chaos. I may be Nike’s Champion, but at heart, I’m still just Gwen Frost, that weird Gypsy girl everyone at school loves to gossip about.

Then someone I love is put in more danger than ever before, and something inside me snaps. This time, Loki and his Reapers are going down for good … or I am.

"Because we don't execute people who are down and out. That's the reapers thing. Not ours. It's what they do. Not us."

Having devoured every book in this series I couldn't wait to get stuck into Killer Frost. I was finally about to read the final book of the Mythos Academy series and I couldn't wait to see how it all ended. I originally started reading this book in February, two months prior to when I actually read it. I read a chapter and then a thought hit me. This is the last book in the series. After this it's done. No more reapers or Gwen or Loki or Logan... and I wasn't ready for it. Laugh at me all you want but I have been following this series for years. I fell in love with the world, the mythology and the characters and I didn't want this one to be the end. What would I do without this magical series to escape into? Eventually (2 months later) I decided I couldn't wait any longer. I needed to know what happened. Did good prevail the evil or was Loki in fact the champion of this war? So I broke down and read it...

Killer Frost is without a doubt the best book of the series. Jennifer Estep sure did leave the best until last. Once I started reading I couldn't stop. There were moments of happiness where I was so happy with what was happening. The were moments of heartbreak when I couldn't stop the tears from flowing but overall there was the feeling of contentness that Jennifer would do justice to this world and their characters. I really couldn't have asked for a better ending that what we got. It was utterly perfect and as sad as I am that it's over I am perfectly happy over everything that happened. It was pure perfection.

Mythos Academy will always remain one of my favourite series of all time. I am such a big mythology fan and this was completely perfect and I know I will re-read this series over and over again and be just as in love with it as the first time I read it. If you have not read this series I seriously urge you to do so. It's full of intrigue, good vs evil, action and romance. It will blow you away, break your heart and slowly put you back together. It is utter perfection and I loved every single moment.

"You know we could skip the dance, and go straight to the after party. The one where it's just you and me. Alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment