Thursday, July 23

Review: In The Age of Love and Chocolate (Birthright #3)

In The Age of Love and Chocolate (Birthright #3)
Gabrielle Zevin

Published By: Macmillan Childrens
Publication Date: October 29, 2013
Date Read: May 3, 2015
Genre: YA - Dystopia
Source: Review Copy from Macmillan
Format: Paperback
Pages: 286
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Anya Balanchine is a teenager with the responsibilities of a grown woman. Now eighteen, life has been more bitter than sweet for Anya. She has lost her parents and her grandmother, and has spent the better part of her high school years in trouble with the law. Perhaps hardest of all, her decision to open a nightclub with her old nemesis Charles Delacroix has cost Anya her relationship with Win.
Against the odds, the nightclub becomes an enormous success, and Anya feels like she is on her way and that nothing will ever go wrong for her again. Until a terrible misjudgment leaves Anya fighting for her life ...

"Because if you love someone, you love them all the way. You love them even when they make mistakes."

The Birthright series was one of the first dystopia novels that I fell in love with back when I read it a few years ago and it still remains one of my favourite series. Having said that when I received the third and final book for review I couldn't wait to get started on it, but it sat there on my shelf for ages and now after finishing it I don't know what took me so long to read it. It was everything that I hoped for and more.

In The Age of Love and Chocolate was a fantastic wrap-up to a fantastic series. We say Anya grow so much and when you compare our lead heroine where she is in the book compared to where she was at the start of the first book there is such a difference. A part of me misses the original Anya before we gained hte weight of the world relying on her shoulders but she became such a fantastic woman and I loved seeing all she did and all of the accomplishments that she gained in the end of the book.

Win... oh Win. I just adore him. Personally there was not enough of Win in this book for me. He was missing for a while and I missed him and everytime we were hearing about the wonderful things that Anya was doing I just kept thinking about where Win was. I missed him lots in this book.

In The Age of Love and Chocolate gave us a fantastic wrap-up in terms of both the storyline regarding chocolate and her family's business and the romance that readers will be dying to read about. I do wish that there was another chapter or two so we could see the after-effects of the conclusion of the series. I was definitely left wanting more but at the same time I was completely satisfied with the ending. It wasn't my favourite of the series but I still loved it. The Birthright series is definitely one of the most amazing dystopia series I have read and I will definitely re-read it again and again.

"So I will wait, because I would rather wait for you than waste my time with someone who isn't you."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment