Wednesday, April 22

Waiting on Wednesday


A Madness So Discreet
Mindy McGinnis

Published By: Katherine Tegan Books
Publication Date: October 6, 2015
Genre: YA - Mystery / Thriller
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Grace Mae knows madness. She keeps it locked away, along with her voice, trapped deep inside a brilliant mind that cannot forget horrific family secrets. Those secrets, along with the bulge in her belly, land her in a Boston insane asylum.

When her voice returns in a burst of violence, Grace is banished to the dark cellars where her mind is discovered by a visiting doctor who dabbles in the new study of criminal psychology. With her keen eyes and sharp memory, Grace will make the perfect assistant at crime scenes. Escaping from Boston to the safety of an ethical Ohio asylum, Grace finds friendship and hope, hints of a life she should have had. But gruesome nights bring Grace and the doctor into the circle of a killer who stalks young women. Grace, continuing to operate under the cloak of madness, must hunt a murderer while she confronts the demons in her own past.

In this beautifully twisted historical thriller, Mindy McGinnis, acclaimed author of Not a Drop to Drink and In a Handful of Dust, explores the fine line between sanity and insanity, good and evil—and the madness that exists in all of us.

This is definitely not my typical genre. I have only read one mystery/thriller book that I have actually liked but I think this one sounds really interesting so I'm definitely planning on giving this one a go.


4 comments:

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT read22 April 2015 at 12:25

    Oh yes! Definitely looking forward to this one! Sounds incredible! Still plan to read Mindy's first books too! Have book 1 in my TBR Mountain of Doom, but my review pile has been crazy as well lately. Sigh...


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This doesn't sound like something I would normally read, but I hope you enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herbal Ace Maxs6 May 2015 at 08:46

    for me this is a very very good information, because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the wide world, so it would greatly add insight for me, laneways that I say many thanks.
    pengobatan tradisional kanker tenggorokan
    cara alami menyembuhkan biduran
    obat pelancar peredaran darah
    obat benjolan di bawah lidah
    obat tradisional tumor abdomen

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment