Thursday, April 16

Review: Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy #5)

Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy #5)
Jennifer Estep

Published By: K-Teen
Publication Date: July 30, 2013
Date Read: February 28, 2015
Genre: YA - Mythology
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Here we go again …

Just when it seems life at Mythos Academy can’t get any more dangerous, the Reapers of Chaos manage to prove me wrong. It was just a typical night at the Library of Antiquities — until a Reaper tried to poison me. The good news is I’m still alive and kicking. The bad news is the Reaper poisoned someone else instead.

As Nike’s Champion, everyone expects me to lead the charge against the Reapers, even though I’m still hurting over what happened with Spartan warrior Logan Quinn. I’ve got to get my hands on the antidote fast — otherwise, an innocent person will die. But the only known cure is hidden in some creepy ruins — and the Reapers are sure to be waiting for me there …

The Mythos Academy series is fast becoming one of my favourites. It's no surprise to anyone how much of a mythology fan I am so I instantly adore the majority of the YA series that have mythology in. This one is most definitely one of my favourites. I love that there isn't just Greek mythology or Norse mythology it incorporates all of them together adn that just makes this series even better.

Gwen and her friends are still left reeling after the latest fight against Loki and his Reapers. Dealing with that and the blow of one of their own leaving Mythos Academy indefinitely things just aren't quite the same for Gwen and the others. But life must go on and after having a lead that takes them away from their Academy Gwen, Daphne, Carson and the gang must go looking for a mystical plant that can head one of their loved ones. But will they be able to find it... or is it a wild goose chase and a trap with the Reapers.

Midnight Frost is one book I loved... but it is my least favourite of the series so far... for one main reason. I missed Logan so freaking much. Logan is one of my favourite characters and he really left a hole when he left Mythos Academy at the end of the last book. All the way through I just found myself wondering when will Logan come back. I need Logan to come back and that completely took away from my overall enjoyment from the book.

As per usual Gwen was a kick-ass heroine and she is always pushing on and doing what she needs to do as Nike's Champion. I love Gwen. She is absolutely one of my favourite heroines ever and her 'Geek Squad' are so freaking amazing. I adore them. I want friends like Gwen's.

Midnight Frost was a great addition to the series and I just cannot wait to get my teeth into the final book of this series. As sad as I am to see this series end I just cannot wait to see how it all ends.


3 comments:

  1. I really like this article, all the content is very useful as well as add new knowledge to us and of course this is the best experience I've experienced
    visit my blog :

    pengobatan tradisional kanker tenggorokan
    obat herbal sistitis
    pengobatan alami pembesaran prostat
    cara alami menyembuhkan hamil anggur
    obat kanker enometrium

    ReplyDelete
  2. hard to believe I am very happy to be joined commented here, it makes an experience for me takur

    pengobatan tradisional penyakit beri-beri

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment