Thursday, April 9

Non-Review: The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1)

The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1)
James Dashner

Published By: Chicken House
Publication Date: August 4, 2011
Date Read: March 14, 2015
Genre: YA - Dystopia
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 371
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
If you ain’t scared, you ain’t human.

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He’s surrounded by strangers—boys whose memories are also gone.

Nice to meet ya, shank. Welcome to the Glade.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It’s the only way out—and no one’s ever made it through alive.

Everything is going to change.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.

Remember. Survive. Run.

Dear The Maze Runner by James Dashner,
                                                                     I wanted to love you so very much. I really really did. You seemed to perfect for me. YA which is all I ever love. Dystopia which is a favourite genre of mine and so many friends who adored you. You even have a blockbuster movie based on you which I loved. Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I should have read your pages before watching the movie that is based on you. But I didn't. I watched the movie first and loved it. Maybe that's why I went into reading you with such high expectations that you didn't seem to reach. I'm sorry.

Just so you know I do believe your author is amazing. James did a wonderful job in writing you. The writing style in which he used was great and made me relate to your characters so well so he is clearly a very talented author. And your story is undoubtedly wonderful. I loved it translated to the big screen and I can't wait to watch the movie based from your sequel, The Scorch Trials. And really I gave you a chance. This is they third time I have picked you up to read you and the third time I have had to put you down. You are undoubtedly wonderful but you are just a little but too slow getting to the plot for me. I'm not a patient person and I have decided that you and I are just not meant to be. Please forgive me. I will watch your movies.

Sincerely,
Kayleigh


2 comments:

  1. I started the book when it was first released and I couldnt make it past page 50! So when the movie came out I didn't really want to see it but I did and ended up loving it. Yet I just don't like the book! It's a weird one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. after reading the information turned out to be very interesting, continue continue gan
    good luck,always success awaited next posting steady proceed

    http://newgreenworldherbal23.blogspot.com/2014/06/obat-herbal-maag-akut-alami.html
    http://nuabiherbal23.blogspot.com/2014/06/obat-tradisional-jantung-bocor-alami.html
    http://newgreenworldherbal23.blogspot.com/2014/06/obat-tradisional-kanker-lidah.html
    http://newgreenworldherbal23.blogspot.com/2014/06/obat-sperma-encer.html
    http://herbalacemaxs212.blogspot.com/2014/06/obat-tradisional-tbc-paru-alami.html

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment