Tuesday, April 14

Audio Review: Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3)

Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3)
Marissa Meyer

Published By: Penguin
Publication Date: February 4, 2014
Date Read: March 4, 2015
Genre: YA - Sci-Fi / Fairytale Retelling
Source: Bought
Format: Audiobook
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.

"It always came back to love. More than freedom, more than acceptance—love. True love, like they sang about in the second era. The kind that filled up a person's soul. The kind that lent itself to dramatic gestures and sacrifices. The kind that was irresistible and all-encompassing."

Cress, the third installment in the phenomenal Lunar Chronicles was everything that I could have hoped for and more. This is such an amazing series that I have loved reading so far. I am a huge fan of fairytale retellings and I am a huge fan of sci-fi-eske books but never could I have imagined putting the two of them together until reading this series... and it works... amazingly well. I fell in love with the characters and the world and the storyline in Cinder and Scarlet and I absolutely loved them. Cress was an amazing installment of the series.

Cinder and Captain Thorne are on the run with Scarlet and Wolf. Their only hope of overthrowing Queen Levana and her army is getting some inside information. This comes in the form of Cress, a girl who has been trapped in a Satellite all her life and doing things under Queen Levana's orders. But when the rescue of Cress goes awry everyone is seperated. Can they find a way back together along with the information and plan that they need? Or are they to be forever torn apart from each other?

I absolutely loved Cress. I think this is most definitely my favourite of the series to date. I loved every single moment of it. One thing I love about this series is that although we have the main characters from the first book in each book we get their continuation as well as somebody else's own individual story. In Cinder we had Cinder and Prince Kai's story which was continued in Scarlet with the addition of Scarlet and Wolf's story. And then both of those stories were continued on in Cress with the addition of Cress and Thorne's story. I loved Cress and Thorne's story. They are both just too awesome and cute to deal with.

Cress is unlike any of the other heroines in the series to date. We had Cinder who is crazy smart and daring, then Scarlet who was fierce and loyal. Cress is shy, meek and timid which was totally refreshing. The wonderful thing that Marissa Meyer did with this one was although we had a very shy and timid character was very much in need of rescuing she wrote her in a way that didn't come across as annoying or needy. We got to see Cress grow into a strong character who can deal with everything in her own individual way. Just because she is shy and timid doesn't mean she isn't just as strong and fierce as the others. I loved that. Cress has just become my favourite heroine of the series so far. I love her.

Cress was action-packed to the brim and just when I thought that I had everything figured out a massive twist was thrown in that threw me way off course. I love it when authors can do this as I really hate it when I can predict everything as that becomes really boring. I loved the development of the story and Cress was really the book that was putting all the pieces into place leading up to the big finale.

I could not be more excited to read Winter. We were briefly introduced to Princess Winter in this book and I already love her and am very intrigued to find out more about her. As sad as I am going to be to see this fantastic series end I cannot wait to see how it all pans out and I have my fingers crossed that we can have a nice happy fairytale ending for Cinder and Kai, Scarlet and Wolf and Cress and Thorne.

Overall Cress was a phenomenal installment to this amazing series. It was action-packed and breathtaking. If you haven't already read this series you certainly need to do so. I absolutely adore it.

"Maybe there isn’t such a thing as fate. Maybe it’s just the opportunities we’re given, and what we do with them. I’m beginning to think that maybe great, epic romances don’t just happen. We have to make them ourselves."


1 comments:

  1. thanks to admin who has been providing the latest information that makes us be increased insight and new knowledge that is wide enough, of course, this makes us become more knowledgeable
    http://nuabiherbald23.blogspot.com/2014/03/cara-menghancurkan-batu-ginjal-secara.html
    http://nuabicaramengobati23.blogspot.com/2014/04/cara-mengobati-luka-diabetes-kering.html
    http://nuabicaramengobati23.blogspot.com/2014/04/cara-mengobati-penyakit-leukimia-pada.html
    http://nuabiobatherbal21.blogspot.com/2014/06/obat-herbal-tumor-rahang.html
    http://nuabicaramengobati23.blogspot.com/2014/05/cara-mengobati-penyakit-polip-hidung.html

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment