Thursday, November 27

Review: The Possibility of Us (Pretty Amy #2.5)

The Possibility of Us (Pretty Amy #2.5)
Lisa Burstein

Published By: Entangled Embrace
Publication Date: July 1, 2014
Date Read: November 2, 2014
Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance
Source: eARC from Entangled Embrace
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
One weekend together could change everything…

When her friend called to tell her about the funeral, Cassie wanted to say no. She had enough to handle with her own hollow existence. But she knew she should pay her respects to her old Wilderness Program counselor…as long as her ex, Ben, wouldn’t be there.

Except Ben is there. Still gorgeous, still angry, and still able to penetrate her defenses with one intense stare. All the reasons they left each other in a flurry of heartache start to fall away over one long, snowy weekend.

But tough Cassie can’t truly open up to Ben when she knows confessing her secrets will leave her raw, defenseless. And the possibility of forever might not be enough to gamble on all the impossibilities of now.

"Maybe we were too broken to put back together. Maybe we’d been too broken to ever put together in the first place."

Having absolutely loved and devoured Dear Cassie I couldn't wait to start reading The Possibility of Us. I absolutely needed more of these characters and I really couldn't wait to see what was going to happen to them after the events of Dear Cassie. I was definitely not disappointed. I loved this little e-book that follows on Cassie and Ben's story. My only complaint is that it was over way too soon.

Cassie and Ben fell for each other while in Turning Pines, the rehabilitation camp that they found themselves in. But not everything can last forever. Cassie and Ben are still reeling from what happened between them months ago. When one weekend, they are suddenly thrown back together sparks fly. But can Cassie and Ben put the past behind them or has too much happened to allow them to follow their hearts and discover 'the possibility of us'.

The Possibility of Us is such an unputdownable book. It was absolutely fantastic and I couldn't put it down. I devoured it in one day. I just couldn't stop reading. I was utterly heartbroken to discover that Cassie and Ben were no longer together. All the way through Dear Cassie I just wanted them to be together so to start this and discover things hadn't worked out I just wanted to cry. But I trusted Lisa and continued reading it and it was absolutely amazing. Lisa definitely knows what she is doing and her amazing story-telling skills and her addictive writing style made this book such a fast and addictive read for me.

Cassie and Ben have fast become one of my favourite literary couples of all time. I just love them and the more I read about them the more I fell in love with both. Cassie has really grown a whole lot from where she started as a secondary character in Pretty Amy. Honestly I didn't really like Cassie that much at the start of this series. I thought she was such a bitch and didn't understand the connection between Amy and Cassie and why Amy was so loyal to her. Back then I certainly didn't think I would love Cassie this much but she has grown so much and I honestly love her more than Amy. She is all kinds of awesome. Add into the mix Ben, the sweetest more loyal and protective guy ever with a hint of bad boy and what's not to like? What I love about Ben is that he has a 'real' quality to him. Often in books the boys are so perfect that they are so unrealistic. Ben makes mistakes, he isn't perfect but that's what makes him, ironically, the perfect book boy.

The Possibilty of Us was a fantastic wrap-up to Cassie and Ben's story. It was perfect and beautiful. A part of me is still hoping that Lisa will go back to write about them again but if she doesn't then that is fine too because this was the perfect ending for them. I loved every moment of it and I can't wait to read more of Lisa's work. She's definitely a must-read author for me now.

"If snowflakes are like people, how is anyone lucky enough to find anyone in this world."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment