Tuesday, November 25

Review: Dear Cassie (Pretty Amy #2)

Dear Cassie (Pretty Amy #2)
Lisa Burstein

Published By: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: March 5, 2013
Date Read: November 1, 2014
Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Review Copy from Entangled Teen
Format: Paperback
Pages: 352
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
What if the last place you should fall in love is the first place that you do?

You’d think getting sent to Turning Pines Wilderness Camp for a month-long rehabilitation “retreat” and being forced to re-live it in this journal would be the worst thing that’s ever happened to me.

You’d be wrong.

There’s the reason I was sent to Turning Pines in the first place: I got arrested. On prom night. With my two best friends, who I haven’t talked to since and probably never will again. And then there’s the real reason I was sent here. The thing I can’t talk about with the guy I can’t even think about.

What if the moment you’ve closed yourself off is the moment you start to break open?

But there’s this guy here. Ben. And the more I swear he won’t—he can’t—the deeper under my skin he’s getting. After the thing that happened, I promised I’d never fall for another boy’s lies.

And yet I can’t help but wonder…what if?

Dear Cassie is one of the books that the wonderful people over at Entangled Teen sent me as a thank you for being with them from the beginning. It was joined by plenty of other awesome books and I was super excited about it. Before reading this one though I needed to read Pretty Amy which had been sat there for a while. I struggled through Pretty Amy, to be honest, as I found the characters pretty unlikable but they got better throughout the book and the story was pretty additive. After finishing it I couldn't help but start Dear Cassie straight away. It was not a disappointment. Dear Cassie was such a wonderful book and I devoured it in one sitting.

After the worst prom night ever Cassie is sent to Turning Pines, a wilderness rehabilitation camp. All Cassie can think about is getting out. Add into the mix Ben, the super hot guy who seems to be able to see straight past her facade. The last thing Cassie wants to do is get involved with someone but the more time she spends with Ben the more her defences start to fall. Can Cassie learn to trust again or is she determined to spend her life alone?

Dear Cassie is one of my favourite books of the year to date. I absolutely loved it. I loved Cassie's story so much more than Pretty Amy. I felt like I really sympathised and identified with Cassie more and I loved her sarcasm and wit. I just couldn't put this book down as I just fell in love with Cassie and Ben. They were just absolutely fantastic characters. Ben is without a doubt one of my favourite guys. He is super sweet while still having that bad boy persona. I loved the characters so much.

Dear Cassie was an addictive storyline with amazing characters and I couldn't put it down. The ending just utterly broke my heart and then put it back together right at the last minute. I absolutely loved it and I will definitely be reading all of Lisa's other works as her writing style makes her stories so addictive that you just can't stop reading.

If you love books that are full of swoon-worthy boys, sarcastic heroines and heart-stopping romance Dear Cassie is definitely a must-read. Pick it up now.


1 comments:

  1. wOW, i have been hearing so much about this kinda-series for a year now. I don't know if the books can be read on their own or not. But they have a really interesting premise

    Definitely added to my TBR
    Your reader,

    Soma R.

    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment