Friday, November 28

Non-Review: V!rg!n

V!rg!n
Radhika Sanghani

Published By: Mills and Boon
Publication Date: September 12, 2014
Date Read: November 7, 2014
Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance
Source: ARC from Mills and Boon
Format: Paperback
Pages: 304
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Okay, I admit it…I didn’t do it.

Yet.

This is normal, right?  I mean, just because everyone I know has talked like they’ve already done it doesn’t mean that they’re telling the truth…right?

It’s not like I’m asking for that much. I don’t need the perfect guy. I don’t need candlelight or roses. Honestly, I don’t even need a real bed.

The guys I know complain that girls are always looking for Mr. Right—do I have to wear a sign that says I’m only looking for Mr. Right Now?

Sooooo…anyone out there want sex? Anyone? Hello? Just for fun?

I am not going to die a virgin. One way or another I am going to make this happen.

Hey, what have I got to lose? Besides the obvious.

V!rg!n was one of those books that I couldn't wait to read. I love a good NA Romance book and ones revolving around awkward first times I love. This book ticked all the boxes as it sounded like something so funny and awkward and great and I couldn't wait to get into it.

Radhika is obviously a talented author. Her writing style was great and made it easy to read and I could have easily got lost in this book. Unfortunately I just couldn't get through it. The main character was just too annoying for me. The lead character is a twenty-something virgin. BUT she talks and thinks like she is an immature virginal teenager. It wasn't funny or awkaward or cute it was embarassing to read and just oh so annoying. I think Radhika was trying to capture the thoughts of a twenty-something-year-old virgin but speaking from experience that is not what they think. This is what a teenage virgin thinks. I know that said character is inexperiences but that doesn't mean she hasn't matured mentally. This really felt to me like it was a 14/15 year old character speaking. The thoughts and way she speaks about sex made me think of a young teenager and as that wasn't reflective of the character.

Due to this reason I just couldn't finish it.

Did Not Finish

 

2 comments:

  1. Well, this is disappointing. I definitely thought this book would be good and a fluffy NA contemporary too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book on my Kindle, one of those I'll get to reading, but what you've said about it has me slightly worried. I hate immature virgin characters, they really grate on me, so probably putting this one off for now!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment