Tuesday, November 4

Non-Review: Martyr (The Hunted #1)

Martyr (The Hunted #1)
A.R Kahler

Published By: Spencer Hill Press
Publication Date: October 28, 2014
Date Read: October 12, 2014
Genre: YA - Fantasy
Source: eARC from Spencer Hill Press
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Three years have passed since magic destroyed the world.
Those who remain struggle to survive the monsters roaming the streets, fighting back with steel and magic—the very weapons that birthed the Howls in the first place.
Tenn is one such Hunter, a boy with the ability to harness the elements through ancient runes. For years, the Hunters have used this magic to keep the monsters at bay, but it's never been enough to truly win the war. Humans are losing.
When Tenn falls prey to an incubus named Tomás and his terrifying Kin, Tenn learns there's more to this than a fight for survival. He's a pawn in a bigger game, one with devastating consequences. If he doesn't play his part, it could cost him his life, his lover and his world.

Having been an enormous fan of Spencer Hill Press since they started I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. It sounded so original and awesome. And don't get me wrong it is both of these things but unfortunately this book is just not for me.

I have always had trouble getting into 'magic' and 'witch' books. I always want to read them and think that they sound absolutely amazing but for some reason I just can't really get into them. I can't connect with the world or the characters and I end up DNF'ing them. Unfortunately this is the case yet again.

I really liked the premise of Martyr. It was so original and fresh and I am always looking for original, new and fresh stories as there are so many YA novels out there that can have the same kind of feel to the stories and characters. This was not the case with this book. It was original and fresh and I loved that. However I just couldn't seem to get into the book. It wasn't holding my interest very well and I could feel myself wishing I was reading something else. I always get like this with Witch and Magic books and I am starting to think I need to just avoid witch books.

If you like 'magic' and 'witch' books then this is definitely one for you to read. Unfortunately it just wasn't for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment