Thursday, November 6

Non-Review: Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows #1)

Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows #1)
Kim Harrison

Published By: Harper Voyager
Publication Date: January 8, 2009
Date Read: October 13, 2014
Genre: Adult - Urban Fantasy
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Rachel Morgan is a white witch and runner working for Inderland Security, in an alternate world where a bioengineered virus wiped out a great deal of the world's human population – exposing the existence of the supernatural communities that had long lived alongside humanity.

For the last five years Rachel has been tracking down law-breaking Inderlanders in modern-day Cincinnati, but now she wants to leave and start her own agency. Her only problem is that no one quits the I.S.

Marked for death, Rachel will have to fend off fairy assassins and homicidal weres armed with an assortment of nasty curses. She's a dead witch walking unless she can appease her former employers by exposing the city's most prominent citizen as a drug lord. But making an enemy of the ambiguous Trent Kalamack is just as deadly as leaving the I.S.

After reading and loving the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning I was determined to find some more Adult Urban Fantasy series to devour. Dead Witch Walking is a book I have had on my kindle for forever and just never got round to reading it. After featuring it on my 'Still Haven't Read...' feature I finally decided to pick it up. Unfortunately I just couldn't get into this one.

I don't know whether it was because I just seem to not get on with witch books but I just couldn't connect with this book at all. The storyline was not gripping me and I was completely bored. In addition to that I was really not interested in the characters whatsoever. I will still be trying some more Adult UF novels but unfortunately this series was just not one of the ones that I will enjoy.


1 comments:

  1. This is disappointing. I hate it when I can't get into books but great review

    Your reader,

    Soma R


    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment