Friday, October 24

Review: Queen of Zombie Hearts (White Rabbit Chronicles #3)

The Queen of Zombie Hearts (White Rabbit Chronicles #3)
Gena Showalter

Published By: MiraINK
Publication Date: October 3, 2014
Date Read: October 12, 2014
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance / Zombies
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 464
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
In the stunning conclusion to the wildly popular White Rabbit Chronicles, Alice "Ali" Bell thinks the worst is behind her. She's ready to take the next step with boyfriend Cole Holland, the leader of the zombie slayers…until Anima Industries, the agency controlling the zombies, launches a sneak attack, killing four of her friends. It's then she realizes that humans can be more dangerous than monsters…and the worst has only begun.

As the surviving slayers prepare for war, Ali discovers she, too, can control the zombies…and she isn't the girl she thought she was. She's connected to the woman responsible for killing—and turning—Cole's mother. How can their relationship endure? As secrets come to light, and more slayers are taken or killed, Ali will fight harder than ever to bring down Anima—even sacrificing her own life for those she loves.

"Roses are red
Violets are blue
Be very afraid
We're coming for you"


The Queen of Zombie Hearts is possibly the one book from this year that I was dying to get my hands on the most. I absolutely could not wait for it. I had read and devoured the first two installments of the White Rabbit Chronicles as they came out and fell utterly in love with this zombiefied world, the characters and Gena's writing. Even though I absolutely did not want this series to end I still couldn't wait to get the third and final book in my hands. It 100% did not disappoint. Queen of Zombie Hearts was thrilling and utterly phenomenal.

Ali has a war on her hands... but this time it's not from the invisible zombies that only the slayers can see it's from a human organisation who is bent on capturing the slayers. She must come to terms with a few home truths that she never knew about and all the while protecting those she loves. But not everybody can survive this final war. It's give up and die... or die trying to win.

The Queen of Zombie Hearts was utterly phenomenal. I could not put this book down. It was so amazing. This is the first series by Gena Showalter that I have read and I have to say I will definitely be picking up some more of her work in the future as she has just blown me away with this series. Her narration and writing is just breathtakingly good. I absolutely adored her characterisations and everything in this series.

Ali, Cole, Kat and everyone else in this series are characters that just obsess you. You care about them so much and can't stand seeing anything happen to them. I couldn't read this book fast enough just because I needed to know what was going to happen to them. And I'll be honest and say that this book, and these characters utterly broke my heart throughout this series, including in this book. I cried my eyes out so many times but this book still remains to be one of the best I have ever read.

The Queen of Zombie Hearts was everything I wanted and more for the final book in the series. It had everything. I loved that it switched the 'bad guys' from the zombies to a more humane evil. It really shows that humans can be way more evil than monsters. I am so happy and heartbroken with the ending of this series. Yes, I feel them both at the exact same time. This book was perfect and it is definitely one series I will read again and again and again. If you haven't read this series yet I urge you to do so. You won't be disappointed.

"You're my girl, Ali. That's never going to change. There's no one else I've ever wanted more - no one else I ever will. You're it for me, and if it takes the rest of my life, I'm going to prove it to you."


1 comments:

  1. Great review Kayleigh. I loved Alice in Zombieland and decided to wait to read book 2 and 3 together. Just need to get soon. So eager to dive in after reading your glorious review. The awesomeness of the book literally jumps at you from your words, nice work.


    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment