Thursday, September 11

Review: Nothing Like The First Time

Nothing Like The First Time
Keren Hughes

Published By: Limitless Publishing
Publication Date: May 20, 2014
Date Read: July 21, 2014
Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Review Copy from Limitless Publishing
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
*This NA Contemporary Romance story contains sexual content and language aimed at a mature audience. 17+*

Carly Summers and Greyston Sterling were each other's first kiss, first sexual experience, first love, first everything.
They had a love that was made to last. That was until Grey took a job as a freelance photographer that took him to the other side of the world. When it came down to a choice between his career and his girl - he chose the career. He's travelled the world and seen sights he wished Carly was there to experience. He's had relationships along the way but nothing meaningful.
Carly has had relationships but nothing that lasted. No-one could compare to Grey.
Now, 10 years later, Grey's back in town and wants to see if they can rekindle what they had all those years ago. But how can they if he's engaged to somebody else?

Nothing Like The First Time is a tale of how nothing compares to your first love. There are trials and tribulations Carly and Grey must overcome on their way back to each other... what if they can't get over the obstacles life throws at them?

Ever since hearing of this book I was really looking forward to reading it. I have really been loving NA Contemporary novels right now and this one sounded so awesome I was dying to read it. When I was offered the chance for a free copy in turn for an honest review I jumped at the chance. Nothing Like The First Time is a really great contemp and I really enjoyed reading it.

Carly and Greyston were each others first love and Grey is the one guy that Carly can't get out of her head. After 10 years of meaningless relationships Carly once again finds herslef face to face with Grey and the sparks fly. But can she forgive and forget the past and give first love a second chance... or has life just moved on too much to go back?

This was the first book I have read from Keren Hughes and I really enjoyed it. It wasn't the best book I've ever read but it was far from the worst. The writing style I found difficult to connect with at the start but the more I read the more I got used to it and ended up really enjoying the book. I found the beginning of the book very 'chunky'. What I mean by that is there wasn't really any flow from one scene to the other. I found it very much like: This happened. This happened. This happened. And there was no flow or anything in between. It happened very fast and was chunky. I felt like after the couple communicated and the romance started it settled down and we were experiencing everything along with Carly rather than being told what happened in 'chunks'.

Carly was a great character to follow through this story. She was very cool and quirky and I really identified with her. She is the character that everyone will love and with she was their best friend. Grey is the perfect, swoon-worthy guy that every reader will just totally fall in love with.

Nothing Like The First Time is a great NA Contemporary novel that was a really fun and flirty read. It has everything you would want, romance and storyline and a steamy, swoon-worthy book boyfriend. I really enjoyed it and will definitely look out for this authors other works.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment