Thursday, August 14

Blog Tour: Flawed (Perfection #2) by JL Spelbring


Hey guys and welcome to my stop on the blog tour for the second book in the wonderful Perfection series, Flawed. I am so excited to be on the blog tour for this book as I am such a massive fan of this series.

I am so thrilled to share my review of Flawed with you for this stop but first if you have not read this series check out my spoiler-free review of the first book in the series.

Click HERE for my review of Perfection.

Flawed (Perfection #2)
JL Spelbring

Published By: Spencer Hill Press
Publication Date: August 12, 2014
Date Read: June 10, 2014
Genre: YA - Dystopia
Source: ARC from Spencer Hill Press
Format: E-Book

From Goodreads:
In a world where Hitler won the The War, and perfection is constantly sought, Ellyssa has broken free from her austere life and has found another meaning for her existence.

Family, friendship, and love.

But her happiness is short lived. Ellyssa finds herself on the run, again. Her father's work didn't die with him, but lives on in her siblings, Aalexis and Xaver, and they are determined to complete his unfinished dream.

Flawed is one of those books that you have been waiting for for so long that as soon as you get your hands on it you squeal so hard and start jumping up and down you are so excited. As soon as that was over then I jumped in right away. I fell head over heels with this dystopia and scarily true depiction of how the world could have been if the nazi's had won the war. I couldn't wait until I could dive back into this series and Flawed absolutely did not disappoint.

I loved every moment of it and once again I fell in love with Ellyssa and Rein and I couldn't stop reading their story. They are utterly fantastic and I really couldn't read this book quick enough. It's really amazing when you see the difference between Ellyssa at the start of Perfection and what she is like at the end of this book. It's such an amazing growth and it really showed how amazing the storytelling in this book is.
One thing I loved is that we got to see more about what I class as the 'psycho-twins'. We see more of their point of view and see what it was like for them growing up. I still absolutely hate them and would really like to see them suffer more and more but I enjoyed getting into their heads a little bit and it has really set up an amazing storyline for the next book in the Perfection series.

JL Spelbring is fast becoming one of my all time favourite authors. Her storytelling is absolutely amazing I couldn't wait to read more and more. I was hooked right from the start with her vivid world, outstandingly amazing narration and incredible characterisation. I loved every single moment of Perfection when I read it last year and then again now with Flawed.

Flawed was everything that I hoped it would be and more. I loved it more than anything and couldn't stop reading. I cannot wait to get my hands on the next installment of this series. If you want a dytsopia novel that is realistic and with a dash of magic then this series is for you. It was completely and utterly blow you away and steal your heart. A must-read.




Giveaway:

Plus: one copy of Flawed

US ONLY!

a Rafflecopter giveaway



About JL Spelbring:

J.L. Spelbring lives in Texas, where she wanders out in the middle of the night to look at the big and bright stars. Besides knocking imaginary bad guys in the head with a keyboard, she enjoys being swept away between the pages of a book, running amuck inside in her own head, pretending she is into running, and hanging out with her kids, who are way too cool for her.
Her novel, Perfection, released in July, 2013 and the sequel Flawed releases August, 2014.
To contact J.L, try: 
Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment