Thursday, July 24

Mini Review: The New World (Chaos Walking #0.5)

The New World (Chaos Walking #0.5)
Patrick Ness

Published By: Walker Books
Publication Date: September 27, 2010
Date Read: July 1, 2014
Genre: YA - Dystopia
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
In this dramatic prequel to the award-winning Chaos Walking Trilogy, author Patrick Ness gives us a short story of Viola's journey to the New World.

Having had the whole Chaos Walking Trilogy sat on my shelf for a long time, before starting it I decided I would read the prequel novella first. It was way more than I expected and I really enjoyed the journey of this short prequel novella.

The New World was nothing like other prequel novellas I have read. A lot of them tend to be a bit of information-overload trying to cram in lots and lots of information to let you know everything about the world that this series is set in. The New World didn't do that. It introduced you to the female protagonist, Viola, and her journey to 'the new world'.

I really enjoyed the journey of the storyline and it really made me excited to start the series. I will be going on to The Knife of Never Letting Go next. I would definitely recommend this prequel novella for fans of the series, or people just going into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment